Complaint Review: Abe's of Maine

• Reported By: kimball — Summerville South Carolina
Abe's of Maine
5 Fernwwod Ave, Edison, New Jersey USA

Abe's of Maine want take no for an answer with held my refund Edison New Jersey

Ordered a 60" TV Samsung from Ab's. Ted twisted my arm to pay $50 more for freight even though they advertised for FREE. Anyway after placing the order, next day I came across a the same model Samsung from Samsung.com, $100 cheaper. I called to cancelled order, but they refused to. They claimed the unit had been shipped, but I never got any correspondence from their freight company that it had. As a matter of fact the movement process was on their website showing the order was at their warehouse and not on any truck. Anyway they fought me for over a week not giving me my refund. I finally had to give in and pay them that $50 special freight fee inorder to get some closure.

You know whenever I talk to someone from this part of the country I'm often concerned of a scam. These employees Adi & Ted of Abe's are not from Maine but from NJ. Abe's will rope you in cheap prices then people like Ted will take over and pressure you to spend $$ more on cable, etc and this special freight. Note the first time the freight cost was $100. He dropped it to $50 after I didn't agree. He wouldn't take no for a answer. Anyone reading this, JUST be aware once you order from them they will jump in and they flim-flam you in perhaps selling you accessories, you may not need. REMEMBER Ted will not give in to your no's.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abes-of-Maine/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Abes-of-Maine-want-take-no-for-an-answer-with-held-my-refund-Edison-New-Jersey-1085186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abe's of Maine