Complaint Review: Ability Recovery Service

• Reported By: Star — New Hampshire
Ability Recovery Service
PO Box 4031 Wyoming, Pennsylvania USA

Ability Recovery Service Fraudulently Tries to Collect Money Pennsylvania

I received a letter from Ability Recovery Services claiming that I had a debt of almost $500 from an educational institute on the same day that I received a letter from a different collection agency saying that I owed the educational institute around $100.

I had contacted the educational institute and found out that I DO still owe them a little over $100.
Also the educational intsitute is working with the other collection agency and NOT Ability Recovery Services, and my debt through the real debt collection agency is for the real amount (around $100) and they'll accept 40% off when I pay in the next 2 months.

I am lucky that I did not believe the scam, because then I would be out almost $500 and still have to pay the $100-something to the real debt collection agency to keep my credit score up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2014 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ability-Recovery-Service/Wyoming-Pennsylvania-18644/Ability-Recovery-Service-Fraudulently-Tries-to-Collect-Money-Pennsylvania-1142157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ability Recovery Service