Complaint Review: about the children

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: dee — crestview Florida United States of America
about the children
santa barbara, California United States of America

about the children about the children.org deceptive not disclosing facts of costs and the facts they are not attorneys santa barbara , California

*Consumer Comment: Different Experience so far- Positive

I found an advertisment on line, for this organization About the children wishing to help grandparents to get their rights to the grandchildren enforced.I contacted them ,they telephoned me ,very nice sounding.told me they would have no problems getting me what i was needing- visitation. After I agreed to proceed I find not only would I have to pay them $98.00 dollars to become a friend. but it could cost up to 999.00 dollars as time went on. Today I found not only did they go into my bank account one time with my permission, for the 98.00dollars but they went back in again for a monthly fee of 24.99 dollars. I never have spoken to anyone there since October 2010 until today, I left a message cause an answering machine told me so. I told them I no longer need their services and to Stay out of my bank account.None of these charges were told to me in the beginning , nor did they tell me they were not attorneys. Their representative named Hayden, stated as time went on I would be connected to an attorney in my area. At first I did not know they were out of California until I looked it up in the telephone services. They gave no address of their operation on line. I tried to email a complaint to the BBB it wouldn't go thru. There was a paper sent by email that I couldn't get done because of computer problems . Integrity doesn't seem important except to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2010 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/about-the-children/santa-barbara-California-/about-the-children-about-the-childrenorg-deceptive-not-disclosing-facts-of-costs-and-the-673349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on about the children

Different Experience so far- Positive

AUTHOR: Keith - (United States of America)

I am a consumer who has contacted ATC for assistance in getting visitation rights to my child. My initial experience so far has been real and upfront. They told me they are not Attorneys, but they can help file the court papers. They also said it would involve $98 initial fee and $24/monthly thereafter until I no longer need their service. It could also go up $900+!  It sounded reasonable to me, as I cannot afford to get a lawyer. I only got a little suspicious, because another agency which I had contacted earlier called from the same area code. I am a little worried and at the same time I need the help fast. I am going to contact the other company and if the numbers are the same, I am going to assume it is the same company and then decide what to do. The assumption is that they will not do anything for months in order to collect that money and will not contact you again in order to stop taking money from your account.