Complaint Review: Above Grade Construction

• Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: RichHumari — Rockford Illinois
Above Grade Construction
1104 Heinz Dr Ste B. East Dundee, Illinois USA

Above Grade Construction Deceptive Storm Chasers Lie Cheat and Steal from elderly. Damaging Rockford Roofs for Claims Rockford Illinois

Above grade has infiltrated our neighborhoods here in Rockford. After our home got pea size hail at its biggest last week, this company came to the area knocking on our doors, whipping in and out of our neighborhoods with their trucks and plastering signs all over the neighborhood.

I was an insurance adjuster for years before retirement. When i asked their salesperson to show me the damage on my roof, they pointed out blisters that had been there for years and a tiny dent in the vent. He then began pushing and scraping the shingle in front of me and said, "we can get this thing for ya!" I asked how can pea size hail damage my roof. His response, I have a buddy here in rockford and they got big hail last year. He worked it, we can use the new date and old damage.

When I asked if that was allowed, he said not really but if I didnt say anything I would have a roof which I needed and he could kick me back money for things he would get them to pay for that theyd do for free, like my satellite dish and gutters. [continued below]....

..... I couldnt believe it and when i asked who told him they could do that he told me the owner taught them how to make it right for all involved except the insurance companies..Bill Boerger you sir are what is wrong with business owners today.

This guy was completely unethical and slimy. Its clear that if a company would come from East Dundee IL to our little neighborhood in Rockford that there was something wrong. I looked on the BBB and they have 16 Complaints! http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/roofing-contractors/above-grade-construction-in-east-dundee-il-88365358 which is crazy because most of the companys i look into never have any.

In order to be sure I wasnt playing "Old Adjuster" my wife had Statefarm come out. The adjuster had said this company is known for being shady but he'd take a look. We laughed when I showed him what the bum from Above Grade Construction was showing me. He then mentioned they are on the watch list for claims and because theyre part of some storm chaser group started by a roofing company right here around Rockford.

I may be retired with too much time on my hands to research this stuff but Homeowners In Rockford beware because i think the 16 complaints pushed these yahoos out of Chicago and now theyre up here trying to take advantage of our town.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Above-Grade-Construction/East-Dundee-Illinois-60118/Above-Grade-Construction-Deceptive-Storm-Chasers-Lie-Cheat-and-Steal-from-elderly-Damag-1048848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Above Grade Construction