Complaint Review: Access Capital Credit , White Overnite

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Alhambra California
Access Capital Credit , White Overnite
338 W. Lexington Ave #212-A El Cajon, California U.S.A.

Access Capital Credit ,White Overnite Access Capital Credit / White Overnite put collection info on my Experian creit report El Cajon California

*Consumer Comment: I too Have had problems with Access Capital Credit

As many other reports have already been filed, I'll try to make mine as short and to-the-point as possible.

During the summer of 2006, I signed up for a "free trial" of White Overnite, and when I canceled, they told me I was still responsible for the scheduled delivery of the next shipment, which is SUPPOSEDLY $59 or so. I told them I don't want it but they wouldn't budge, so I called my credit card company and changed the credit card number. I was never shipped anything else beside the "free trial" package.

In November of 2007, I receive a call while at work from Access Capital Credit, whose CSR proceeded to tell me that I'm in default for $115 and if I don't pay, they'll put this collection on my credit report. I don't like being threatened by anyone, so I told him to go ahead.

Last week (Sept 2008) I was going through my credit reports, which I do annually to check for fraudulent accounts and/or anything I may have overlooked, I noticed a collection entry from Access Capital Credit for $115 on my Experian credit report (thankfully, not on the other two). I submitted an online dispute and about a week later, received an email from Experian that they're going to erase it from my file.

Yesterday I received a voicemail from an Access Capital Credit CSR (who never bothered to tell me which company he works for, I had to call the number he left to find out who he was) and ignored it. Today he called again and basically said that they received the dispute letter from Experian and that unless I pay the $115 balance, they'll keep the item on my credit report. I told him the White Overnite was supposed to be a free trial and he argued with me and said it wasn't. Then he threatened to ruin my credit again, so I told him I'm not about to pay any money, and hung up on him.

I find it despicable that a company like Access Capital Credit / White Overnite can get away with screwing with customer's credit with an obvious scam. From what I understand, both Access Capital and White Overnite were founded by the same scam artist known as Joseph Cioeli. An Internet search on him yielded results about one scam or another. Guys like this should be sent to prison for a long long time.

William
Alhambra, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Capital-Credit-White-Overnite/El-Cajon-California-92020/Access-Capital-Credit-White-Overnite-Access-Capital-Credit-White-Overnite-put-collectio-373406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access Capital Credit , White Overnite

I too Have had problems with Access Capital Credit

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

I wish I could go into to all the details of what is currently going on. However do not give up. This company has told reliable sources they are about to file BK. They also have on numerous occasions violated the Fair Debt and Collection Act. They currently have a lawsuit pending in the State of California. And have a number of complains filed against them with the BBB.

Document all your communications and send letters to the A.G. office. Also file a complaint with the FTC. Keep copies of everything. Also ask Access Capital Credit for Validation of this debt. If they have already reported you to a Credit Bureau also ask for validation. They must response within so many days. Do not give up.

There are Attorneys who do nothing but go after companies that have violated the Fair Debt and Collection Act. They are out there you just have to look.

This can also apply to many other situations that deal with collections of debt.

Its our responsibility to learn the law as best as we can.

GOOD LUCK!!