• Report: #871962

• Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: true advisor — inland empire United States of America
access capital credit
338 W lexington ave ste 212a El Cajon, California United States of America

access capital credit A.C.C. access capital credit unlawful scare tactics El Cajon, California

*Consumer Comment: Unsure

my wiife and i purchased a time share Silverlakes vacation in glenn helen ca. second hand from origonal buyer, over 15 yrs ago it was a 15 yr property we get a letter from silverlakes few years after purchasing wanting to meet with us, so we go down and they tryed to sell us a upgrade for few thousound dollers, a high presure sales wanting us to sign and told us if we did'nt sign we would loose property after the 15 yrs. I wanted out and wanted to know what it would take to get out 5 yrs early and they told us arround $5,000.00 or to continue paying untill 15 yrs were up. well not having the $ we choose option 2, after the 15+ yrs were up we stoped paying and started getting calls from silver lakes vaction wanting money I explained it is a 15 yr. contract and we did not want it anymore. along with the economy the way it is and having 3 kids in college we cant afford it, silverlakes told in the contract has a stipulation that they could upgrade it for free and took it apon them selfs to do this for us (isn't that nice) and silverlakes send a copy of the contract.  Shortly after we start getting calls from Access Capital Credit she said she was the manager saying they sent us a letter, WHICH WE NEVER GOT, and saying we were obligated to pay and it would hurt our credit, I inquired what the buy out amout was and access capital credit manager told me she would call me back and did with the figure of $5,200.00 I tryed to explain it was a 15 yr contract and could not afford silverlakes any longer with lifes situations and economy, she continued to state siverlakes would take us to small claims and they know we own a house and we were gainfully emplyed and stated where we work and would garnish our wages and needed a disicion before 5:00 that day. When I told her we were not going to pay and thanked her and hung up she called my wife at work and told her she was going to give us untill tomorrow at 3:00 pm and wanted us to call her.  since then they continued to call my cell work # my wifes job. I don't appriciate the intemidation tactics and the lying coniving thevery going on in the timeshare/vacation ownership industry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 11:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/access-capital-credit/El-Cajon-California-92020/access-capital-credit-ACC-access-capital-credit-unlawful-scare-tactics-El-Cajon-Calif-871962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on access capital credit

Unsure

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

From your report, you said that they automatically upgraded your contract? When did they do that and how? Did you accept it or not? If so, how did you accept it? If they claimed they did it anyway while you did not signed it, I believe this is illegal. If so, you should not back down and you should start collecting your own document. You should be able to counter-sue them if they ever tried to do anything with your credit. Also, you and your wife need to tell them that they must stop calling you but only send letters/documents of proof they have to you. You need hard evidence, not phone calls.