Complaint Review: account control technology inc

• Submitted: Mon, August 05, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: polly doesn't wanna cracker — coatesville Pennsylvania
account control technology inc
5531 business park so, ste 100, bakersfiled , cal bakersfield , canoga park, California USA

account control technology inc act account control technology trying to collect student loan after it is being taken out of benefits checks monthly bakersfield , canoga park California

i received  a collection notice july 29th from ACT, and I wrote back and called them directly, however the person onthe other line, Stacey, told me that I would pay them for starters.She also requested that to confirm the account she would need my social security number which I told her I will never give over the phone and  I then explained to her that they were already taking out the old student loan from 1988/89 from my benefits check. I rewrote the letter today and sent the proof that the payments are coming out of the benefits check. I tried to send it email but there was no such web address listed so I snail mailed it and a letter to the dept of education directly. When i looked them up saw scam to the side of the listings and they have one addresss listed on the web site and another where the letter was sent from. I believe that they are a scam so I blackened out all refrerences to my correct social security number however the account on the paper has a modified social security number with several other numbers in it. that is illegal as it says on the social security card back to use it as identification. I will see how long it takes to receive a reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/account-control-technology-inc/bakersfield-canoga-park-California-933899130/account-control-technology-inc-act-account-control-technology-trying-to-collect-student-l-1073265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on account control technology inc