Complaint Review: accountgear.com

• Submitted: Thu, May 31, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: wrd — birmingham Alabama United States of America
accountgear.com

accountgear.com Scam Ripoff Thieves Identity Theft Non-secure Con artists, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: This company is legit.

I recently purchased an account via accountgear.com.  This account was for an online game called Everquest.  First off, they wanted a photo copy of my ID to verify my identity after receiving payment.  Then after sending it to them, they took forever in responding to my multiple emails.  Then after threatening them with legal action they delivered me an account ID and password.

When I logged in the server, it said that the account has been stolen.  I have also noticed this account being for sale on multiple websites.

When I told them about the problem, they told me that they would not let me wait any longer, and they gave me a gift certificate for the amount of the purchase.  They said I could use this along with a credit card to purchase a new account.  They told me I had to be charged an additional $.01 to verify the sale.  I sent them the $.01 they asked for and still no reply.

This is a SCAM.  I think they are trying to steal everyone's identity with their "verification" proccess. Do not use these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/accountgearcom/internet/accountgearcom-Scam-Ripoff-Thieves-Identity-Theft-Non-secure-Con-artists-Internet-891332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on accountgear.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This company is legit.

AUTHOR: Ryan - (Canada)

They also clearly put in the verification process that you can black out your ID (secure parts) rendering it useless against identity theft. They also only need an utility bill or a facebook account for verification. An ID isn't required, all you need to do is "Like" their fan page. It's also very common in this industry and hardly a Con.

Just did business with them and will do business with them again in the future. Just ask for a manager if you're having problems.