• Report: #520576

Complaint Review: Accounts Receivable Management Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, November 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, November 06, 2009

• Reported By: PeteSake — Louisville Kentucky USA
Accounts Receivable Management Inc.
P.O. Box 129 Thorofare, New Jersey United States of America

Accounts Receivable Management Inc. ARM INC. Shady Settlements Thorofare, New Jersey

I received a call from this company about a debt I owe for 5/3 bank (which was legitimate) I was told that they had been authorized to offer me a debt settlement of 50%, I agreed to this settlement, immediately after that the man on the phone told me that this offer. Is only good for the length of this phone call and that they need my Debit Card Number or Checking Acct. Number. I explained to him that I want to pay this debt to get it out of my hair but number one I want this in writing first and number two I wasn't giving my bank info out to anyone. We argued that fact for about fifteen minutes and he finally buckled and said we will mail you a letter stating that they will settle for 50% of the debt.

I get the letter in the mail and it says nothing about settling for 50% it only states that the full amount was due, well I called them back and explained what was going on and that I want to pay this but the info is incorrect on this letter, once again I was asked for my Bank Info after I told him no I'm going to pay with a Money Order as soon as you send me the correct information. I was transferred to his manager Austin who got irate with me almost from the get go I told him of the letter I received and he said that they don't send letters out stating they will settle for half the debt.

I explained that his associates said otherwise and that I need that letter before I send anything he then and I quote " we can settle for half but we already mailed a letter out to you and you have my word" your word I responded, I told him I didn't know you from a stranger. He said they have been doing thus for the past 31/2 4 years (even though their website says 33 years). I said that's great but I need a letter form you and his response was fine we will send a letter out but I don't know what it will say and again he asked how I would pay the debt I said money order and he said they don't except money orders for settlements and that if I send one then it gos towards the full amount since they only except Debit Card or Check/Checking Acct Info.

I have spoke with numerous Debt Collectors and they have all said they will except the money by any means and that if a company tells you different that I shouldnt trust them. So I told him well then im not going to pay it because your not getting my bank info, the manager begin to say I was a lier and that I had no intentions to pay this debt off, I yelled at him and said send me the letter or im not paying a damn thing after a long pause he said he would send the letter. Be careful with this company...I dont trust them for a second.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2009 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accounts-Receivable-Management-Inc/Thorofare-New-Jersey-08086-0129/Accounts-Receivable-Management-Inc-ARM-INC-Shady-Settlements-Thorofare-New-Jersey-520576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accounts Receivable Management Inc.