Complaint Review: AccTown

• Submitted: Sat, August 17, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, August 17, 2013

• Reported By: DavidG — Denver Colorado
1510 Castle Hill Ave Suite Bronx, New YorkSelect State/Province USA

AccTown Accessory StoreAccessory Town Sells fake merchandise that doesn't work and then won't refund your money Bronx New York

This company advertised a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for $29.95 along with a hefty shipping charge to bring the total to $41.90. They indicated this was a "customer return," which would presumably account for the low price.

The product that arrived was an obvious knock-off: it fit my phone poorly and the volume control buttons didn't work.

I also began to look carefully at the product and shipping material and compared this to an on-line site that listed ways to tell a genuine mophie case from a fradulent one. It was clear that my case was fraudulent.

I contacted the company and was told that no refund would be granted but I could ship the product back to them--at my expense--and they would send me another unit. I did this, but the replacement unit didn't work either. This time, it fit the case better but when the phone was in the case, the volume was completely silenced and nothing could be done to hear the phone.

Once again, I contacted the company and was told the same thing about returning the device for replacement or store credit--as though I'd ever want something from them again!

I have now contacted my credit card company to cancel payment to this company.

A search on-line indicates that this company's business model is selling knock-off items as though they were real.

I would advise everyone to not purchase anything from them. The products are cheap and don't work!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AccTown/Bronx-New-YorkSelect-StateProvince-10462/AccTown-Accessory-StoreAccessory-Town-Sells-fake-merchandise-that-doesnt-work-and-then-w-1076701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AccTown