Complaint Review: Ace Plumbing and Rooter

• Updated: Fri, August 30, 2013

• Reported By: Melody — San Francisco California
Ace Plumbing and Rooter
945 Taraval St Ste 201 San Francisco, California USA

Ace Plumbing and Rooter A BUNCH OF THIEVES RUN THIS COMPANY San Francisco California

It is my opinion this plumbing company is set up to rip people off.  They are simply dishonest and should be avoided..  Here's a description of my experience using them:  They were sent out by the company that did my foundation repair work to test for any plumbing leaks after my home's foundation was repaired.  I paid them $700 to install a "cleanout" so they could perform a leak test, which by contract, I needed to pass in order to receive a warranty for the $11000 foundation job just completed.  Prior to that installation, Jonathan (the owner attempted to do a leak test through the toilet.  I have had foundation work done before and know that the leak test can be done through the toilet.  He "struggled" to get the line in through the toilet and determined he'd need his camera to view the line and see why he was having trouble.  Upon positioning the camera in the toilet line, he notified me I had a break in the line and that my home would fail the plumbing leak  test because of it, despite his not performing the test yet. [continued below]....

.....  He notified me that fixing the break would cost me $1800.  I declined to have the work done as I had a brand new tenant whom I did not want to inconvenience and because I had just moved out of the house and had not experienced any problem with that toilet.  Jonathan urged me to at least have the $700 cleanout installed so he could do the leak test properly.  I decided to spend the $700 to get the cleanout installed so the leak test could verify his findings and justify the proposed $1800 additional work.  Upon finishing the installation, Jason advised me he could not do the test but would return in the next day or so to run the test.  Meanwhile Jonathan's secretary, sent me an invoice and asked me to pay for the work.  Well, I didn't have a problem with paying since I felt they were nice enough guys and because they stated they'd return to do the leak test and also run cameras down all the plumbing lines to thoroughly check my house.  Stupid me, I paid them the $700.  Guess what?  They didn't come back to perform the leak test.  I had declined to spend the $1800 and have my "broken" line fixed, so I guess they decided they had exhausted their opportunity.  They informed my foundation company that my home failed a plumbing test that never occurred and I was denied my written warranty.  Despite multiple attempts by phone to contact the owner (Jonathan) and have their staff members return to perform the services they advised me they were still going to do, they did not.  My emails were ignored.  Subsequently, I contacted the foundation company, voiced my displeasure that they had sent what I believed to be a dishonest plumber to represent them, and demanded another plumber be sent to perform the leak test.  They complied and I was not at all surprised when that plumber performed the test and issued a "pass" on my plumbing system.  Subsequently, I was provided a written warranty on the foundation work that was performed.  It is pretty clear to me that Ace Plumbing and Rooter thought they could extract a needless $1800 expenditure in order for me to get a "passing" grade on my plumbing leak test.  This experience has led me to believe that Ace Plumbing and Rooter is a dishonest company and lacks any ethical standard that would allow me to ever recommend their services.  In fact, I would strongly urge they not be used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2013 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Plumbing-and-Rooter/San-Francisco-California-94116/Ace-Plumbing-and-Rooter-A-BUNCH-OF-THIEVES-RUN-THIS-COMPANY-San-Francisco-California-1080489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Plumbing and Rooter