Complaint Review: acer computer

• Submitted: Sun, April 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, April 10, 2011

• Reported By: Boleggnee — TOWSON Maryland U.S.A.
acer computer
333 WEST SAN CARLOS ST STE 1500 SAN JOSE, California United States of America

acer computer DOESN'T HONOR WARRANTY FOR THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS SAN JOSE , California

I PURCHASED A NETBOOK COMPUTER FROM WALMART AROUND FEB.2011, ABOUT TWO WEEKS LATER I NOTICED SOME OF THE KEYS STICKING, AS I ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT THEM FOR SUPPORT AND WAS CONNECTED TO A COMPANY CALLED YOGI, WHICH CLAIM IT WAS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, AND WAS TRYING TO CHARGE ME $199 TO PURCHASE SOFTWARE, WHICH WAS A RED FLAG CAUSE THE KEYS STICKING SEEMED TO BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM. I HAD TO TRY SEVERAL NUMBERS TO COME ACROSS THE CORRECT NUMBER AS THE COMPANY YOGI CLAIMS TO BE AFFILIATED WITH ACER, BUT JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR RIPOFF SCHEMES. THE ACER REP ADVISED ME TO RESET THE MACHINE BACK TO FACTORY AS THE KEYS STICKING WAS A SFTWARE PROBLEM AND NOT A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND NOT COVERD IN THE WARRANTY. AFTER I RESET THE MACHINE ABOUT NOT EVEN TWO WEEKS LATER IT JUST STOPPED WORKING, THEY ADVISED ME TO SEND IT IN, I HAD TO PAY SHIPPING AND INSURANE, WHICH WAS ANOTHER RED FLAG WICH MOST REPUTABLE COMPANIES COVER THE CHARGES. AFTER THEY RECEIVED THE MACHINE ABOUT TWO DAYS LATER THEY CALLED ME STATING I HAD TO PAY TO REPAIR THE MACHINE BECAUSE IT HAD A CRACKED LCD SCREEN, WHICH WAS NOT COVERD UNDER THE WARRANTY, WHEN I PROCEEDED TO EXPLAIN TO THEM I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE MACHINE SINCE I'VE ALREADY READ ALL THE HORROR STORIES, THEY CLAIM IT WAS INTERNALLY CRACKED, AND THAT IF I DIDN'T PAY UP FRONT BY CREDIT CARD THEY WILL BE RETURNING IT NOT REPAIRED. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SUED, I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS MANY PEOPLE HAD AN INTERNAL LCD SCREEN, THEN AFTER READING COMPLAINTS THEY EVEN QUOTE PEOPLE DIFFERENT PRICES, AND THEY JUST DON'T HONOA THEIR WARRANTY, SO IT'S AS IF YOU HAVE NONE TO BEGIN WITH, CAUSE THEY CLAIM ITS YOUR FAULT FOR THEIR FAULTY PRODUCTS, THE REPS ARE RUDE, AND THEY NEVER ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK TO AN SUPERVISOR, AS THEY CLAIM THEY DO NOT TAKE CALLS. IF ANYONE HEAR ABOUT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO JOIN IN CAUSE SOMETHING NEED TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND HOW THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF, I HAVE TWO DESKTOPS, ONE A DELL, AND THEY OTHER A COMPAQ, WHICH I'VE HAD OVER THREE YEARS AND HAD NO PROBLEMS, NOW MY FIRST LAPTOP AND I'M OUT OF MY MONEY AND A LAPTOP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2011 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/acer-computer/SAN-JOSE-California-95110/acer-computer-DOESNT-HONOR-WARRANTY-FOR-THEIR-DEFECTIVE-PRODUCTS-SAN-JOSE-California-716006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on acer computer