Complaint Review: Acer

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Acer
10986 N.W. H.K. Dodgen Loop Temple, Texas United States of America

Acer Acer Service Corp - US Returned my computer not fixed twice, bad customer service, non english speaking Temple, Texas

*Author of original report: Returned my computer not fixed twice, bad customer service, non english speaking

I bought an Acer laptop January 2012 by November it was shutting off on it's own. I tried several things, recommended by other Acer laptop owners. Including releasing the static build up. I have a squaretrade warranty on my laptop and contacted them. I was then told that it was still covered under Acer's warranty and I had to contact them.

They replaced the keyboard and the wifi card and ran a bunch of tests.

I immediately called them after getting it back in the same condition. Well they wanted me to send it back, I told them I could afford to ship it again. They paid for shipping. I still had to pay for packing material and insurance on it. I just got it back yesterday 1/2/13. They replaced the CPU, Battery, Thermal Module, and Lower case. I charged it since it was dead. Turned it on and it was working perfectly. Loaded the internet and now it wont even turn on. I called them right away.

I asked for someone who spoke english and the lady said she could understand me, I asked for a manager and she wouldn't give me one. We set up to have my laptop sent off a third time. While on the phone with her I was looking for another number for Acer and found one. After setting up everything to send off my laptop I called the other number and got transfered to customer service and explained everything and was told that after everything they replaced it wouldn't do anything to send it in for repair again. She told me I could expect a call by today 1/3/13 with an offer on my laptop for replacement.

It is now 1:42pm and I told her I couldn't take a call past 3pm because I go into work. Still haven't heard anything.

My Warranty expires 1/25/2013. I will call again tomorrow.
I either want a check for a fair amount or a new laptop

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer/Temple-Texas-/Acer-Acer-Service-Corp-US-Returned-my-computer-not-fixed-twice-bad-customer-service-no-990641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer

AUTHOR: Baseballgirl25 - (United States of America)

I did, I was told to send it in for repair. I paid close to $37. I thought great 7-10 days and it will be on it's way back all fixed. It came back and I turned it on and guess what the same problem again! They replaced the keyboard and the wifi card and ran a bunch of tests.

I was called with an offer and I looked it up and it is a $700 replacement, I got my laptop on sale for under $250. My warranty will end 1/25/13.

I am pleased that they are replacing my laptop but I will never buy another Acer again.