Complaint Review: Acorn Stairlifts, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, October 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 03, 2009

• Reported By: Edwin — San Francisco California USA
Acorn Stairlifts, Inc.
www.acornstairlifts.com Orlando, Florida United States of America

Acorn Stairlifts, Inc. Is Ripping Off Senior Citizens By Overcharging For Their Product!! Orlando, Florida

Recently a surveyor came by to present the Acorn SuperGlide to my Aunt. He said he would guarantee us the lowest price possible. We agreed to purchase the stairlift for $4,600. My Aunt has been  so happy with the product that she referred a friend to the company. A surveyor came out to visit our friend and offered the very same model we recently purchased for only $4,000. My Aunt's friend told the surveyor that the price is much too high and has a quote from another company for only $3300. The next day, the company called my Aunt's friend and offered a special price of $3,000 which would only be good for the day of offering. This stairlift is the exact same model that we recently purchased for $4,600. When we called Acorn to complain about being overcharged $1,600 we were told that the model sold to my Aunt's friend was from an AARP convention and was a "demonstrator model." My Aunt's friend told us Acorn  told her it was a brand new model , not a used one. We believe after many phone calls to Acorn , that both parties are being lied to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2009 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acorn-Stairlifts-Inc/Orlando-Florida-/Acorn-Stairlifts-Inc-Is-Ripping-Off-Senior-Citizens-By-Overcharging-For-Their-Product-503819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acorn Stairlifts, Inc.