Complaint Review: Acradia Credit Group

Acradia Credit Group
400 Rector Street Suite 1503 Manhattan, New York USA

Acradia Credit Group Scam Nationwide Manhattan New York

*Consumer Comment: It is a scam

On December 18,2013 I had a voicemail from Nicole Patterson which is the Senior Loan Consultant telling me that I had been approved for a personal loan. So I call her back to see what I had to do about getting the 3000$ loan that I was approved for. So she sends me an email saying>   Hi Tonah, > > Attached you will find the documentation regarding your loan > and the legally binding contract. > > Please give me a call once you have had a chance to review the papers. > > > > Regards, > > > > Nicole Patterson > Arcadia Credit Group > Senior Loan Consultant

So I call her back after I went over the papers then she tells me that I needed to send 409$ by money gram to Trevor Cooper in Ontario, Canada and that my money would be in my bank account in a 24 hours. So 24 hours pass by and no money in my account. So I try to call her back and no answer. She sends me an email saying Hi Tonah sorry about all the inconvenience . You have been reassessed, I'm currently on the phone with your lender, I will call you shortly to explain. She never did call me back so I called her and emailed and no answer from either.

I tired calling and emailing no replies. I think she was screening my phone number so she knew when I was calling. So I call customer care I get a hold of some woman named Cara Kon at least that's what she said her name was. She was very rude. I was telling her all I wanted was my money back. She tells me that I had to wait 2 weeks and it (check) would come through the mAil certified. Cara told me that the check was going to be sent out on January 27,2014 that I would get it in a couple of days. Needless to say that I still Don't have my money back. I would like something done to this company. All I wanted was my 409$ back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acradia-Credit-Group/Manhattan-New-York-10006/Acradia-Credit-Group-Scam-Nationwide-Manhattan-New-York-1123011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acradia Credit Group

It is a scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

This scam has been around for a long time. It is called the Advance Fee loan scam. The way it works is the scammer asks you to pay for some fee using a non-traceable method, such as western union, money gram or a reloadable cash card. Once the company/person/scammer takes the funds they are gone, unless they think they can get more money off of you. There have been people on this site that have been taken for 2 or 3 of these fees in the same transaction!

Just so you know, it doesn't matter what the scammer says: there is not going to be a refund. They only told you a refund was coming to get you off the phone. There is no company. The people you have been speaking with are scammers that are located off shore using disposable phones. Didn't you get the idea of a scam when they asked you to send them money upfront?

Go to the website FTC(dot)gov and look up scams so you know not to fall for this one or another one in the future.