Complaint Review: ACTIVE PERIODICALS

• Updated: Mon, August 31, 2009

• Reported By: Karen — Worcester Massachusetts USA
ACTIVE PERIODICALS
450 SW 12th Avenue Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

ACTIVE PERIODICALS - International Readers League - Wender Magazine Subscription offered a $1000 free on-line shopping spree, after I bought 5 magazines, that I could change at any time, at the cost of 37.34 a month for 20 months Deerfield Beach Florida

On Saturday, August 29th, a telemarketer, named Madelane, called telling me that I had been awarded a free $1000 on-line shopping spree when I ordered 5 different magazines. The cost would be $37.34 a month for 20 months and the subscriptions would be for 3 years.

I asked this woman if she was for real and she stated that she would not be in this business if it was not honest.  I asked her if she believed and she acted as a proper Christian, stating that she would never be involved in anything scandalous.
Then she put her supervisor, Jackie, on the phone to verify what I had been told and the information I had given.

After Jackie had finished speaking with me, she told me I would receive one more phone call to re-verify my information.  No sooner did I hang up the phone, when a man named Mario called me, and recorded our conversation with my information.  He have me a customer service number, which belongs to a company in Colorado that does not even deal with magazines.  And when we were done, He Hung Up on Me!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's down right rude, and as a child of God, Mario will be judged by Him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2009 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-/ACTIVE-PERIODICALS-International-Readers-League-Wender-Magazine-Subscription-offered-a-487745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACTIVE PERIODICALS