Complaint Review: active.com

• Submitted: Mon, March 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 23, 2011

• Reported By: Stephen Price — Redondo Beach California United States of America
active.com

active.com Shady business practices. Extra processing fees. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: You need to get on the right side of the transaction.

My girlfriend and I wanted to run the LA marathon (where we live). So we trained and signed up together. The cost of the event was $145. What was surprising to me was the ~$15 (approx) processing fee ($145 doesn't cover everything?). Furthermore, we signed up together - so after she signed up, it showed us the cost and asked us if we were finished or did we want to sign up another. We chose to sign up another and when we were done, we ended up paying two processing fees (about $30 total in processing fees) even though we signed up at the same time in the same session with the same credit card. Of course, there is no explanation for what the processing fees go to. There is, however, the explanation that Active.com is a shady profit-centric commercial organization. I'm going to avoid active.com at all costs. I'd rather donate my money to charity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/activecom/internet/activecom-Shady-business-practices-Extra-processing-fees-Internet-705747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on active.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You need to get on the right side of the transaction.

AUTHOR: Donnie Brasco - (United States of America)

It is a great way to get a couple of extra bucks.  I used to sell tupperware, but with active.com,
I volunteer to coordinate all sign ups at my son's school, and I get lots of $$ from Active in
kickbacks.