meat

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: fremontpea — Miami Florida
Active.com
10182 Telesis Ct, 3rd Floor San Diego, California USA

Active.com Active.com Advantage membership unauthorized $65 charge San Diego California

When I signed up for a race at Active.com, I did not opt-out of a free trial membership in the fine print before submitting. I just confirmed a refund on the phone for $64.95 from a lady with a Southern accent (I didn't catch her name) for an unauthorized charge on my Visa credit card. I used my e-mail to donate money to a race in April 2013 that I did not even attend because I was sick. I refuse to pay for a "membership" that does not save money, and I will not use active.com ever again.

Look, you know that Active.com has DECEPTIVE business practices, and you should not expect customers to click on an opt-out box for such a large amount in small fine print. Any idiot can Google the huge volume of complaints about this charge, so it clearly happens very often and wastes your customer service rep's time.

Active said:

"In regards to how you signed up, when you registered for an activity, through one of our Active Network systems, you were presented with a 30-day trial offer of the Advantage program at the end of your registration. The offer was to try the program free for 30 days and also provided you with an opportunity to claim $20 in rebates towards your future activity registrations. To start the trial you would have been required to verify (re-enter) your email address and click an offer acceptance button.  Once the trial period ended your annual membership began, which has yearly dues of $64.95."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Activecom/San-Diego-California-92121/Activecom-Activecom-Advantage-membership-unauthorized-65-charge-San-Diego-California-1058190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active.com