Complaint Review: activspace

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Infinity1001 — seattle Washington
activspace
700 NW 42nd Street, #117, Seattle, WA 98107 Berkeley, California USA

activspace Gary Romain, Jude Siddall, Mark Wascher, activspace LLC Security Deposit Scam. Damage Deposit Never Returned For a Tiny Little10 by 10 Square Foot Space. Seattle Washington

Do Not Rent Here...Unless you don't mind never having your damage/security deposit returned to you.  Activspace owners are notorious for not refunding security deposits after moving out.

I rented a small office space here starting in July of 2011.  It was 10-By-10 square foot space.  About the size of a storage unit.  No sink or anything fancy.  Just 4 white walls and a small window.

The lease was for 6 months and I continued renting there until September of 2013 for a total of 26 months.  I gave them writing notice of 30 days prior to moving out, and I also left them with my address to return my deposit.  According to activespac agreement the Security deposit was to be refunded in full upon move out, assuming there was no damage done to the unit.

No where in activspace's lease agreement I signed states any part of the damage deposit was NON-REFUNDABLE. [continued below]....

.....  However, not one penny of my $300 Deposit was refunded.  There was No Damage to the space upon move out.  I was a good tenant while I was there, and I met my obligation to be out on time.

Again, to be clear, this is not an apartment, or regular size office space.  This was a very small work space.  10 By 10 square foot.  Just enough to fit a desk, chair, and a few small items.

After about 45 days upon moving I still had not received my damage deposit.  I contacted the manager 'Mark Wascher' at the Seattle location to find out why I had still not received my $300 Deposit.

He replied with an email specifying that NONE of my $300 damage deposit would be refunded due to a cleaning/painting Fee.

This was a small 10 by 10 square foot space with noting but one door, small window, and 4 white walls.  There is Nothing in my lease agreement stating any part of my $300 damage deposit was NON REFUNDABLE.

Even if they were to charge me a small "cleaning and touch up painting fee, its ridiculous to assume the cost of labor and touch up paint would amount to anything close to $300.

I noticed other activspace customers had the same experience after moving out.  Apparently the owners of activspace want us to believe it costs them $300 to walk into an 10x10 room, mop the floor and touch up the standard white paint on the walls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/activspace/Berkeley-California-94710/activspace-Gary-Romain-Jude-Siddall-Mark-Wascher-activspace-LLC-Security-Deposit-Scam-1121858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on activspace