Complaint Review: adam j. main

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: JUSTFACTS — albany New York United States of America
adam j. main
1825 lake rd webster, New York United States of America

adam j. main aj main events, adam main, Adam J. Main of Webster New York Stole Our Money webster, New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This is a Scam

*Consumer Comment: This complaint is shocking!

Adam J. Main of AJ Main Events is a common thief. We hired him to plan our daughters wedding reception. I advanced him $12,000 & he cashed the check. 2-months before the event Adam Main tolf us he was breaking up with his boyfriend because he stole our money from their joint bank account. Adam Main had no money to reimburse us. We are out the $12,000.00.

Adam is a self-serving, self-centered, pompous crook. After a multitude of excuses we gave up on him. Needless to say we had to hire another event planner who did a great job. We are still seething with anger & embarrassed because we were taken advantage of by Adam J. Main & his company aj main events.

You have been warned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/adam-j-main/webster-New-York-/adam-j-main-aj-main-events-adam-main-Adam-J-Main-of-Webster-New-York-Stole-Our-Money-1003813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on adam j. main

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This is a Scam

AUTHOR: I am Adam J Main - ()

I had my local news followup on this attempt to scam me.  Please click the link to watch the video and see my story.  I am only posting this to help remedy this problem.  I apologize to any of my past and future clients that may stumble upon this.

This complaint is shocking!

AUTHOR: RochesterMom - (United States of America)

As a longtime resident of Rochester, NY, it shocks me to see such a seething report about a fellow business owner in our community.

This negative report begs the question: what have you done (legally speaking) to attempt to recover your money?  have you filed a police report?  have you filed legal action? There are several avenues to pursue remedy for someone who has been legitimately swindled.  And since you allegedly paid using a check- your bank definitely would have a record of this transaction to assist you in the recovery of funds.

Have you tried anything aside from making libelous statements about this man's business online?

I say "libelous" because thus far, these are damaging allegations, that could affect Mr. Main's business and future revenue, and not statements of fact.  I'd even go so far to say that ripoffreport could be held liable for damage done to Mr. Main's reputation for allowing these defamatory statements to be published without verifying them.

A word to the wise: for someone who blindly hands over 12k, it doesn't seem like the cost of filing suit in NYS (approximately $250 for an index number) would be outrageous, considering the return on investment if a judgement was found in your favor.
Have you called the local media to voice your opinion?  Our local news is VERY good at reporting about local businesses they feel have scammed consumers.

Our local news is also very good at reporting instances of false complaints and when people mar the digital branding or "reputation" of someone who isn't guilty of the alleged accusations.

I have nothing to gain by writing this- I am just a local professional, and in fact, have heard nothing bad about AJ Main Events at all.  I do hope my rebuttal to the negative review will help to glean the facts of what truly happened.  I am guessing that this is just someone who has a personal vendetta against Mr. Main (and who also has nothing better to do), a competitor who feels the need to trash this business to gain an edge in the market, or a bottom-feeder SEO company who is looking to scare local business owners into paying for their services.

If what you've written on the internet for everyone to see IS NOT true, you do open yourself for punitive legal action.