Complaint Review: Adam Joseph Simons

• Updated: Sun, July 21, 2013

• Reported By: Shoshana — Oak Park Michigan
Adam Joseph Simons
726 133rd Ave, Wayland, Michigan Wayland, Michigan USA

Adam Joseph Simons Fake Cancer Claims to Get Money Wayland or Grand Rapids Michigan

*Author of original report: Screen Shots from 6/10/2014 update

*Author of original report: When did you drop the MBA class?

Adam Joseph Simons was living in Columbia PA before moving back to Michigan, but is now on the run from the police and is hiding either at his friend's in Wayland, Michigan or somewhere in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

He meets girls online and leads them on to the point where you are 100% convinced that you will marry him, and then falsely claims to have cancer and that he is broke from paying out of pocket for treatment and needs financial assistance.  He uses his girlfriend, Joy Serbanescu's paypal account to have money sent to him. He says that Joy is his sister in law who is helping out by allowing him access to her paypal.  Joy claims that she has no involvement, but at least in my case, her story changes quite a bit and I really don't know how one doesn't notice all that money coming in to their paypal.  Adam and Joy are actually engaged, and have been together for 3 1/2 years, and yet Adam pulls these scams off on so many unsuspecting women and Joy stands by him all the time. [continued below]....

.....

I have filed charges against him for the fraud, which in my case comes to almost $1500, and that was just the stuff I could have him charged with.  I was naive enough to add him to my bank account so we wouldn't have to do all these paypal transactions every time he needed food or gas money or to buy his medications for the cancer that he doesn't have.  I figured this way he can have a debit card and take care of what he needed on his own.  When I put him on my account, we had been together for 1 1/2 years and I completely trusted him.

When I found out what was going on a month ago, which at this point we were together for 2 years and had moved in together, he withdrew all my money from my checking account when I left, which was more than $1700, leaving me with 87 cents to start over with.  This money was all mine.  I had just gotten paid.  I was also the only one who ever worked because Adam claimed he was too sick to work.  I believe Adam is using this money to fund his drug addiction, which I also didn't know about.  Adam met the friend that I believe he is staying with in rehab, where both were there for heroin addiction.

After leaving, I dug into his history and have learned that he has done this before.  I am trying to find others that he victimized.  My case has been sent to the prosecutor's office and hopefully he will be in prison (where he belongs) very soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-Joseph-Simons/Wayland-Michigan-49348/Adam-Joseph-Simons-Fake-Cancer-Claims-to-Get-Money-Wayland-or-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-1068808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adam Joseph Simons

Screen Shots from 6/10/2014 update

AUTHOR: SLW - ()

See attached screen shots.

#1 - Adam S.'s Facebook Friend List

#2 - The bull**** about me being brought up on charges (a lie) and Joy liked it.

#3 - Post Adam made about missing Joy.

#4 - Continuation of the post Adam made about Joy.  Joy liked it.

When did you drop the MBA class?

AUTHOR: SLW - ()

When did you drop the class you said you enrolled in for your MBA? If it was after the refund date set by your school, then they are in no way required to pay you a penny and you still owe them the tuition money for the class.  For example, the school I'm attending has dates that you have to drop by to receive a 100% tuition refund and then again for a 50% refund.  All schools have these dates so it's possible you just didn't drop the class in time and therefore it isn't their fault.