Complaint Review: Adam the Mover (Adam Rahman)

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: guesswho — Oak Park Illinois United States of America
Adam the Mover (Adam Rahman)
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Adam the Mover (Adam Rahman) Never showed up---craigslist scam-----pay the extra 100 bucks and get real movers! Chicago, Illinois

I Called the company from a craigslist advertisement that promoted "polite and courteous" movers the Tuesday before the desired moving day of Friday the same week. I was asked a few questions about the details of my mover and told to send an email with the same information along with the arranged time of 3/1/2013 at 3:00PM. I was called later in the day to confirm the details and everything was set for Friday.

With everything packed and ready to go, I waited until 3:30P to call the number and see what was going on. The owner answered in a surprise manner and inquired who I was. He then assured me that his guys were on the way and in traffic. Around 4:30 I called again, after waiting an hour for their call that never came. The owner said, "oh my guy was suppose to call you, he must be in traffic because I cannot reach him either." At this point I was getting pissed, but what could I do?

An hour later I called again, and I was told to "be patient," after having waited already 2. [continued below]....
.....5 hours. Smug, unprofessional, and discourteous are just a few of the adjectives that begin to describe my experience with Adam Rahman(Adam the Mover). I suspected I was dealing with an idiot on the phone the previous Tuesday, but I decided to give the man a fair chance. An hour later, he did not even have the courage or courtesy to answer my phone call.

I had been all packed at my older apartment waiting for the movers, with my fiance and puppy at the new apartment. The stress of waiting and the tremendous inconvenience inflicted upon me that day was truly dumbfounding. What a nightmare. The worst part was trying to scramble and book a new moving company. You try and employ somebody during this tough economic time, and to be treated like crap is truly revealing of some individuals. Do not trust AdamtheMover, pay the extra 100 dollars and get real professionals!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-the-Mover-Adam-Rahman/Chicago-Illinois-/Adam-the-Mover-Adam-Rahman-Never-showed-up-craigslist-scam-pay-the-extra-100-buck-1023609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adam the Mover (Adam Rahman)

tendency