Complaint Review: AdaptiveMarketing LLC

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Rob Stavis — Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania
AdaptiveMarketing LLC
9500 West Dodge Rd Omaha, Nebraska USA

AdaptiveMarketing LLC, Privacy Matters 123, Privacy Matters Identity Unauthorized charges totaling $1922.10 Omaha Nebraska

AdaptiveMarketing, LLC doing business from Omaha, NE charged an amount of $19.95/month in 2010 increasing to 32.95/mo by 2013 under Privacy Matters 123 and an identical amount under Privacy Matters Identity for a total of $1922.10 until I recognized that I had no idea what we were paying for. The company claimed that my wife signed up for these services through Classmates.com. My wife is certain that she never knowingly signed up for any such service. The company continued to charge my account even after my credit card was expired and was updated.

The company refunded a total of $131.80 upon my complaint and would do nothing further. I complained to the FTC and the Consumer Protection Agency of Nebraska (CPA-NE) (http://www.ago.ne.gov/complaint). The CPA-NE followed up with the company and they refunded everything that they had collected from us. (I didn't try to negotiate for interest that might be due.) The CPA-NE saves these reports, and further action by the Attorney General of NE might be taken depending on the volume and serious nature of reports. I encourage anyone who thinks they have been scammed by this company to contact the CPA-NE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AdaptiveMarketing-LLC/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/AdaptiveMarketing-LLC-Privacy-Matters-123-Privacy-Matters-Identity-Unauthorized-charges-1065725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AdaptiveMarketing LLC