Complaint Review: Addecco Employment Services

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Leesburg Virginia
Addecco Employment Services
21515 Rigdetop Circle Sterling, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 703-433-5600
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Addecco Employment Services Adecco didn't tell me I was out of a job for over a week...so I continuted to go until I had to say something to them! Sterling Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Adecco Lies to Contractors and Delays Payment

Ok so I was out of work for a little while and decided to go through an Employment agency to get a job. I went through Adecco Employment Services in Sterling Virginia. They had me come in and take pre-employment tests (ie, typing tests, math, and word solving tests). Anyway I finished everything and they had put me on an assignment that day, working with Verizon Wireless. So I started going to work the following week. Nothing was wrong then. So I worked under Adecco for about two months and everything was fine and dandy. In the third month I was working for them they started to get more and more distant with talking to me about every week and I started not being able to get in touch with anyone. Joanna was my employment seeker. So one day I got online to log my hours into their database so I could get paid, like I have done for the past couple of months. I would log on but I couldn't log my hours in. I just thought it was a mistake and it would work it self out. So I continued to work on the schedule that Verizon put me on for an entire week without logging my hours online. Fortunatly I had them written down in a ledger at my house for a backup. I finally got fed up with not being able to log my hours in and I called AGAIN for the 30th time that week and finally getting intouch with Joanna. She told me I was taken off the assignment a full week ago and had failed to contact me to tell me. So basically I was working for free. They had said that I had lied on my application and said I said NO to any felonys. I have only been convicted of minor traffic infractions which were taken care of and dismissed through court. Anyway I remember vividly that the application had only said felony's NO misdemeanors were anywhere on the application. So they had let me go without telling me anything. I even went in with court papers stating that the infractions were dismissed. They came up with this "false" application where they "changed" the question. I had the original document stating the Felony only question. So they had wrongfully terminated me for no reason. They are a HORRIBLE company to go through. I was very close to getting a lawyer and pressing charges on them for wrongful termination. I finally threatened them by getting a lawyer and they finally paid me for the hours that I couldn't log in for.

I advise DO NOT go through this company, they are scammers!!! They lure you in and then lie to you, so they don't have to pay you!

Glockgirl23
Leesburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Addecco-Employment-Services/Sterling-Virginia-20166/Addecco-Employment-Services-Adecco-didnt-tell-me-I-was-out-of-a-job-for-over-a-weekso-409915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Addecco Employment Services

Adecco Lies to Contractors and Delays Payment

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The story presented here is so true to my own with Adecco in Rockville, Maryland.

Adecco representatives lie to suit the occasion. When you quote them directly as having said something, they say they never said that. Their excuses are never-ending. They even turn things around on the contractor, making statements like "If you had signed up for direct deposit, this would not have happened." When I replied they could not direct me how to receive my paycheck, she said, "It was only a suggestion." They argue with anything I say, and have never made suggestions to help me get my pay on time.

They would not give me a name and address of the ultimate payroll manager in the company so I could lodge a complaint; just an 800-type number for "payroll." And Payroll always says the same thing--"the check was mailed on time...must be a delay at the post office."

With no other temp agency have I ever had a problem receiving checks by mail--just Adecco.

I wonder if Adecco is shifting their money around for some reason, and delays paying contractors for a reason.

I am documenting this with the Wage and Labor Board in writing, and I suggest you do the same. This cheesy company needs to be exposed.