Complaint Review: Adipose RX, Lose Weight Systems

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Adipose RX, Lose Weight Systems
223 W Bulldog Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Adipose RX, Lose Weight Systems Had significant information on me and sent through an unauthorized charge of $34.84 on my credit card Provo Utah

The interesting thing is that my Credit Card company contacted ME on Jan 24th about this charge presuming it was fraudulent. I told them I had no idea where the charge was from or how they got my credit card number. That's bold but what's even worse was that, VISA backed off the charge after researching it and Adipose resubmitted the charge and this time it got through!!! Unbelievable! I can't believe this VISA company allowed that. So, of course, when I received my bill, there is the charge. VISA told me to call Adipose and discuss it with them. Adipose "said" that they would credit the account but I'm didn't wait around for that. I called VISA back and told them I wanted the charge backed off immediately.

Interestingly enough, I got a package of pills in the mail about a week ago that I looked at and threw in the trash assuming it was some sort of promotion.

I just don't understand how VISA can't just look at the merchant's activities, review all of the charges for $34.84 and freeze them pending positive verification from the customers. Just reviewing the reports on this site, it's pretty obvious what Adipose/Weight Loss Systems is up to. Ridiculous! At this point, I'm just as mad at the C/C company as I am at Adipose for allowing them to re-post the charge and knowing that they are putting through fraudulent charges yet allowing them to continue as a merchant - that is unforgivable.

David
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adipose-RX-Lose-Weight-Systems/Provo-Utah-84604/Adipose-RX-Lose-Weight-Systems-Had-significant-information-on-me-and-sent-through-an-unau-425715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adipose RX, Lose Weight Systems