Complaint Review: Adobe

PO Box 483 Chanhassen, Minnesota USA
  • Phone: 866 412 8699
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Adobe received letter advising me that their system was hacked into between Sept 11 and Sept 17 and they were warning me to protect my bank account Chanhassen Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Adobe has had a security breach

I received a letter from Adobe inform me about an incident that involved information about me and they discovered that between 9/11 and 9/17 an unauthorized third party illegally accessed certain customer order information and apologize that the security of personal information has been comprised.

they are investigating the incident, offering , me a free daily monitoring of my reports for one year and inform me that I can go to Experian to assist against idenity theft by using their activation code ADBY86GHN- that this is for my personal use only to enroll http://protectmyid.com/adobe or call 866 578 5413

the letter goes on to say that i could go to the FTC'S website at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or call the FTC at 877 - 438-4338 or write to the Federal Trade Commission, Cpnsumer Response Center, 600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Wash, DC 20580

Now I know that this is a scam - I never ordered anything from Adobe -- and the letter sounded too strange to take it seriously.

Appreciate any updates on this scam. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adobe/Chanhassen-Minnesota-55317/Adobe-received-letter-advising-me-that-their-system-was-hacked-into-between-Sept-11-and-S-1095048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adobe

Adobe has had a security breach

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

You might want to check with independant sources, but it true that Adobe has been hacked recently and cc's numbers and other personally identifying info was taken from their database. Adobe has more than just the Adobe Acrobate software so check all the software you have to make sure you don't have something made by them. Just search for the 2013 Adobe breach and you will see that it actually happened. Of course, if you don't have the software or have never purchased anything from Adobe then you don't have anything to worry about.