Complaint Review: Adora Body Sculpting Clinic

• Submitted: Thu, March 28, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: Adora BSC Ripped Off — Lakeland Florida
Adora Body Sculpting Clinic
1107 Professional Park Drive Brandon, Tampa, Palm Harbor, Wesley Chapel, Orland, Florida United States of America

Adora Body Sculpting Clinic misrepresentation and horrible customer service. Brandon, Tampa, Palm Harbor, Wesley Chapel, Orland, Florida

I purchased a Groupon for a Bilateral Upper Eyelid Lift at Adora Body Sculpting Clinic for $997.  The voucher I received from Groupon listed Adora's offices in Palm Harbor, Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Tampa and Orlando and the phone number for each office.  The instructions were to call and schedule an appointment and present the Groupon at the appointment.  I called the Brandon office, (closest to my home), and scheduled the appointment for March 6, 2013.  After scheduling the appointment, I received an email confirmation for their Palm Harbor location.  I immediately called the Brandon office again and was told it was an error and they cancelled the Palm Harbor appointment and would reschedule the appointment for March 7th in Brandon when their consultant would be in that office.

On March 6th I received a call from their consultant.  She stated I had missed my appointment in their Palm Harbor office and wanted to know if I wished to reschedule.  I explained that the Palm Harbor appointment for my Bilateral Upper Eyelid consultation was supposed to have been cancelled and I had an appointment scheduled for March 7th in Brandon.  She thanked me for letting her know and said she would be the person I would see in the Brandon office.

After driving through very heavy traffic, I arrived for my appointment at the Brandon office on March 7th.  Upon arrival, I was given an electronic tablet to complete my medical information.  Upon completion, I returned the tablet to Jessie, who identified herself as the Office Manager.  She directed me to have a seat and wait for the consultant to see me.  After 10 - 15 minutes of waiting, Jessie called me to the reception desk and told me that the consultant was not going to be seeing me.  She told me the consultation for the Bilateral Upper Eyelid surgery had to be completed by the doctor and in their Tampa office.

I asked Jessie why I was given the appointment in their Brandon office if they were not capable of performing the pre-op consultation there.  She said it was a "mixup" and that she could schedule me for the Tampa office.  I asked why the Groupon listed all of their office locations if the appointment had to be in their Tampa office.  She replied it was "a clerical error".  I asked why, if it were a clerical a clerical error, I was not told when I called (twice) to schedule the appointment that it had to be in the Tampa office.  I also asked why the consultant I spoke with on March 6th did not tell me she was not qualified to do the consultation for my procedure and that it had to be conducted in the Tampa office.  Jessie did not have an answer to either question.

I then asked Jessie if she would have her supervisor call me to discuss the problem.  She said she would.  I had not heard anything by the next day, so I called and asked Jessie if she had asked her supervisor to call.  She said she did ask, but would ask again.  It is now three weeks later and I never have received a call.

After receiving no call from Adora, I contacted Groupon and requested a refund for the $997 I paid for the voucher.  I explained the difficulty with the appointment and the lack of responsiveness on Adora's part to the problem.  Groupon offered to attempt to mediate the problem to resolution.  But I told them that I honestly did not trust Adora's physicians to perform a surgical procedure on me if their offices could not even handle booking an appointment correctly and their managerial staff could not be bothered to address a customer's concerns.  Groupon agreed and processed a refund immediately.  Kudos to Groupon for standing behind their satisfaction guarantee!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic/Brandon-Tampa-Palm-Harbor-Wesley-Chapel-Orland-Florida-/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic-misrepresentation-and-horrible-customer-service-Brandon-T-1038836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adora Body Sculpting Clinic