Complaint Review: Adrienne's Bridal

• Updated: Mon, September 19, 2011

• Reported By: AmityL — Sag Harbor New York United States of America
Adrienne's Bridal
156 Orchard St. New York, NY NYC & Islip, New York United States of America

Adrienne's Bridal Gina DeSilva & Maryann Greco Adrienne's Bridal made a fake phony imposter hideous wedding dress for me & ruined my wedding NYC & Islip, New York

*Consumer Comment: An amazing result! I don't understand how anyone who knows clothing could dispute this!

Adrienne's Bridal, small boutique wedding dress shop on the Lower East Side of Manhattan (they also have a store in Islip, Long Island too so beware of them as well) has ruined my wedding day, along with many other people's and continues to do so.  After finding the dress I wanted is when my saga began.  I was given a date of when the dress was supposed to arrive for fitting and never got a call- I called them.  I made numerous 2 hour trips into the city to have it fitted and was wondering at that point why a dress made by Watters, would come without any of the lace or appliques attached, seamed bizzare. The dress, like many other people's, was also somehow always mis-placed, and would take them hours to find while I was there waiting to be fitted.  After my final fitting ofcourse the dress was not ready when they told me to come in, so I drove around Manhattan for 6 hours and had to leave without the dress.  Two days before my wedding, first time I saw the dress in daylight, it was all dingy, miscolored and looked already worn-  IT WAS A FAKE. It was hand sewn in the basement of the shop- no wonder why it was never ready on time, and the sample dress was always missing when I went in. My friend asked me where the manufacturers label was- WATTERS.  Nowhere!  Called WATTERS headquarters- a dress of this style was never sold to Adrienne's, they scammed me, and refused to make good on it.  I was able to get another dress but lost my $1,700, and ended up with a lousy wedding dress on my special day.  Someone needs to put an end to this.  The owners, Maryann Greco and Gina DeSilva, are obnoxious and do not care about people's emotions, or one of the most special days of their lives.  She doesn't deserve to be in business and this needs to be made public.  She refuses to respond to the BBB, and we must protect all those future brides out there who are in danger of being scammed as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2010 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adriennes-Bridal/NYC-Islip-New-York-10002/Adriennes-Bridal-Gina-DeSilva-Maryann-Greco-Adriennes-Bridal-made-a-fake-phony-impost-654038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adrienne's Bridal

AUTHOR: laurieclaire - (United States of America)

We bought the most gorgeous dress in the world for my daughters wedding, and 300 other people agreed with me! As MOB, and a former stylist and PR person for designers, I just have to say that my daughters dress was perfect! She was in seventh heaven on her wedding day, and felt beautiful thanks to Maryann. The workmanship was beautiful, her advice was invaluable, and she is a lady of her word. I'm not sure where why there are any negative comments at all? I would recommend wholeheartedly...nothing to do with pricing, everything to do with quality. Thank you Maryann! You are kind, talented, and deserve respect!