Complaint Review: ADT Security

• Reported By: Jim MCO — Orlando Florida
ADT Security
Orlando, Florida USA

ADT Security Failure To Provide Coverage Orlando Florida

Been a longtime ADT home security customer in two states. This compliant is less about my experiences and not about any complaint with the cancellation of the monitoring service (which there are many documneted in the wilds of the intenet, but not in my case). The compliant is more of a heads-up to any existing ADT customer to insure they are getting the quality of service they are paying for in terms of continuous 365 24 hour monitoring of a residence or a business.

In short: due to equipment malfunctions going back to mid- 2012, I began to question whether or not my residence was actually being monitored at all. I resolved a FC (communication error issues) between my alarm panel and GSM transmitter (cell - not a landline), and then I did some testing to see if in fact the ADT central monitoring site was actually looking at my system - after some digging... they admitted there were "gaps" in monitoring. I sopke with a number of ADT reps to get some closure as well as to admit my findings and from which I wanted to cancel given why pay for a service that provides no service. From which as a goodwill gesture on their part as to not lose a customer, they were going to provide a credit and reduce the monthly billing charge. So my wife and I were appeased and decided not to cancel the service and see how it goes. The following quarterly billing cycle came due and nothing changed i.e. no credit and the same monthly charge. So when hearing this, I simply disabled the cell transmitter for a week and to no surprise, no calls about a loss of connectivity which resulted in ultimately cancelling altogether and this time for good.

I just got a call from the local rep asking me my reasons.  I was somewhat unhappy with this call given the calls, emails and even a cancellation fax sent to "cover the terms of cancellations in the proper and silly 30-days notice in their T & C's." So I gave the rep both barrels... paying for something and you don't deliver - what else do you need to hear from me!

With available technology, home secuirty monitoring, video survellience is not all that hard for you to setup. But my advice to you loyal ADT customers.. is simply make sure they are monitoring 7/24/365 otherwise in my expereince - you are being ripped-off.

PS: read the fine print of their service - periodic testing of your alram system is your responsibility -not theirs. Now that service worth paying for.. I don't think so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security/Orlando-Florida-32827/ADT-Security-Failure-To-Provide-Coverage-Orlando-Florida-1083400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security