Complaint Review: Advanage 20X

• Reported By: Justin — Cleburne Texas
Advanage 20X
1666 E. Washington Street Long Beach, California USA

Advanage 20X scam makes it to TX! Cleburne Texas

Another popular door to door ripoff for Advanage 20X makes it to Cleburne TX on 11-13-13. Sales person will be pushing the so-called Advanage 20X cleaner. He'll show you how it cleans marker from a pen, how no finger-prints can be left on glass after cleaning with this stuff, and even stains on your porch magically disappear, as if you were using soap and water! It's amazing! until, you look at your home surveillance video after the fact and find that the guy used what looks like a dry erase marker on the towel before you answered the door, and also when the guy noticed my camera above him he quickly looked down and backed off my porch a good 12ft thinking he was out of view, he wasn't =). So what's he afraid of?

Warning, these guys are very nice, very clever, decently dressed, compliments galore about you, your house, cars/boat whatever they see they'll compliment you for it. This guy came from Detroit (red flag!) and talked about being down on his luck financially, this of course was after I already said I'd buy a few bottles, so maybe he was being honest about that part?

Anyways, so what's the scam? Well, I'm not really for sure other than the overly expensive cleaner than can be had at your local Dollar General for a couple bucks a quart under a different brand name. I know that selling overly priced stuff isn't neccessarily illegal, but there are other reports that the crews that work this Advanage 20X gig have in the past committed fraud using their customers check or credit card information and possibly identity theft. I did feel kind of sorry for the guy, (hook line and sinker), and bought a few bottles KNOWING full well I was being ripped off. Aren't I nice? I paid cash and filled out the little receipt. Uh oh?!?!, I filled out the little receipt with my name and address. So basically I gave him information that he could have easily got otherwise with a little work. I also signed the d**n receipt not really thinking about it, so now the guy has my signature, sort of, I only wrote my initials so I guess we'll see if my bank calls later and asks any questions. One last thing that was odd, he asked to use my cell phone to call his supervisor to bring him the product. I didn't let him use my cell phone, but did let him use the home phone because it's publicly listed in the phone book anyways. His supervisor brought the product over within a few minutes and it looked to be the same. Was sealed and labeled accordingly, presumably like the demo stuff he was using.

You probably think I'm just trying to cover my butt from embarrasment when I say I felt a little sorry for the guy but I really did, and yes I'm a little embarrased too. I figured the thing was a scam the entire time so I felt fine paying cash and not giving any cruicial info like checks or credit card info or my drivers license, other than my signature I'm probably fine, and only afterwards was I a little upset for not running him off the second he showed up. I'm hoping he needs the money more than I do.

If anything significant does happen I'll post it here. I've already saved the video footage from 3 different HD cameras of this guy, his female partner, and the white van they're driving.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanage-20X/Long-Beach-California-90805/Advanage-20X-scam-makes-it-to-TX-Cleburne-Texas-1099151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanage 20X