Complaint Review: ADVANAGE "THE WONDER CLEANER"

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By:University Place Washington
ADVANAGE "THE WONDER CLEANER"
16615 S. HALSTED ST. HARVEY, Illinois U.S.A.

ADVANAGE "THE WONDER CLEANER" advanage HARVEY Illinois

*Consumer Comment: My wonder cleaner

*Consumer Comment: Great experience

*Consumer Comment: Bought two bottles

*Consumer Suggestion: Some Advice

*Consumer Comment: THe same EXACT thing happened to me!!!

*Author of original report: none

*Consumer Comment: DO NOT

Here is a letter I had to write to the Owner of this company

Dear Ma'am or Sirs,

I am writing because I have called your company several times and have not received any calls back from the upper management of the Advantage Wonder Cleaner Company, Or the Austin Diversified Products Inc. On October 17th, 2007, I purchased a cleaning 'kit' for $250.00 from a sales rep that came to my home. His name was Mike Cochran. I have been told from Shayna Jackson, an operator for the company, located in California, that Mike Cochran has since been fired for stealing and lying to the company.

As Mike was in my home, 'selling' me this product, I told him that my wife and I didn't have any money for the product, and that we wouldn't have money until our next payday, which was about two weeks from the day he visited our home. He told us that the company automatically held checks for two weeks anyway since 'they' as sales people show up unexpectedly, and they know people don't always have money 'right up front'. So I wrote a check, and Mike Cochran did not tell me I needed to post date the check. And since I was going by what he previously said, that the company automatically holds checks for two weeks, and him knowing I didn't have the funds available, I thought all was well and the check would be deposited when there was money in the account at the time (two weeks later) that Mike Cochran stated. The check cleared our account five days later which took our checking account into the negative.

I immediately called the number on the receipt with no answer. Then I called the number on the bottle and again no answer. I remembered Mr. Cochran called someone in the company from my cell phone when he was in my home. I called that number and spoke with was Shayna Jackson on October 24, 2007 @ 6:47pm; hers was a number that Mike called.

She was very polite and regretful that we had such an experience, and she assured me that the situation would be resolved immediately. She told us that she would make sure we got the rest of our product (which we have still yet to receive), she would refund us for the product, and refund us any amount we were overdrawn in our account. She took all of my information including the negative amount of our bank account, and assured me this would be taken care of. I was very pleased, because her offer was more than I expected.

Several days later we called her back, and things took a turn for the worse. We were told to call the company, in Illinois (the place that didn't answer in the first place). Since then we have gotten the run around, no straight answers, and no one will return our calls.

We have even spoken with the owner's wife, Mrs. Edwards. She was cold and unregretful that we have gone through this ordeal. She offered no solution other than writing this letter explaining what we have explained to her and many of her staff members several times already. She asked me to write the series of events and our checking account balances out and fax them to her and she will see what she can do.

I will be faxing her what she asked for and a print out of our phone calls and dates they were made, so you will be aware of our efforts in trying to get this matter solved, and the company's efforts in NOT calling us back.

The balance of our account before the check cleared was: $104.14. When the check cleared it took us to a negative balance of $171.94 (including NSF fees). There were two other transactions to clear that day as we were supposed to have money! Those transactions and their NSF fess brought us to a negative $280.81. That is the negative amount Ms. Jackson said she would refund us.

When we got paid our account was $350.81 negative, of which, - $280.81 Austin Diversified Products was responsible for. When we got paid, our account only had $133.00. If we had the $280.81 that was promised to us by the company, we wouldn't have gotten MORE NSF fees due to the fact we have bills automatically draft from our account. We would have had $413.81 available, allowing recent transactions to clear with no NSF fees. So we have gone in the negative a total of $764.06, because of this company's failure to follow through.

We would just like this situation resolved and be done with this company all together. I am sending this letter and all attachment to Mrs. Edwards at Austin Diversified Product Inc., the Better Business Bureau of Illinois, The Illinois Attorney General, Ms Lisa Madigan, and to my own attorney I have on retainer.

What I want is the $764.06 that we have gone negative in our account because of this company, to be refunded to us. I want the rest of my product. I feel we deserve at LEAST this since we have had to endure this ordeal as long as we have had to. We have suffered because of it. I have a family to take care of monetarily and I havent been able to because of this company.

Andrew
University Place, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2007 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADVANAGE-THE-WONDER-CLEANER/HARVEY-Illinois-60426/ADVANAGE-THE-WONDER-CLEANER-advanage-HARVEY-Illinois-283538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADVANAGE "THE WONDER CLEANER"

My wonder cleaner

AUTHOR: Louise - (United States of America)

I believe that this is the same company, I paid 75.95 for the smaller deal. they are located at 3993 sunrise lane Las Vegas, NV and I believe selling same products and make no delivery. I called them on three different occasions the same gentleman answers, I send him my proof of purchase and still nothing. I finally went thru PayPal suddenly I got not so nice reply from him. His email is chrisjacksonbiz@yahoo.com. I only hope you can get him off the streets.

Thank you!!

Great experience

AUTHOR: Tracy Stewart - (United States of America)

First, regarding the original complaint, do not write a check if you don't have the funds in your account. Second, I purchased this product only because the salesman was working so hard. It is fantastic! I have never been able to get grout clean. My floor now looks brand new again. For that alone the product was worth it, but it also cleaned up grease stains beautifully. Happy I took the chance, and even if it hadn't worked that great I would have only been out $40, because I had the funds in my account.

Bought two bottles

AUTHOR: n1rotation - (USA)

The wife wanted ALL tile on the downstairs.  I'm from upstate NY not a fan of tile.  She won...ALL tile..  Not to bad.  however 6 years later, the grout needed cleaning.  Got some bleach, nothing seemed to work.  Called for a professional quote, and they wanted about $200 bucks....  Super!!  As if my prayers were being answered, two young ladies, happened to knock on the door one day, offering this product.  I usually thank them and send them along their way, but she asked, "what are you having trouble cleaning?"  Well, being smart, thinking I was gonna catch them off guard, I told them the grout.  BAMM  a second later she is spraying, lightly...and i mean lightly rubbing the grout, and to my suprise, clean!  SOLD..  I paid $60 bucks for two bottles.  a buck for a brush, and spent two days cleaning the grout.  It looks like when we moved in.  Brand new.  I DO think this is a good product.  I have cleaned stubborn carpet spots, chairs, cabinets, grout...I would have bought more, however, as Sarah said, I only had enough cash for two bottles.  I wasn't about to write a check to people off the street, or supply them with credit card info.  If you are willing to do that, you are asking for problems.  If you are willing to write a check that you do not have the funds to cover, YOU are the problem, and EXTREMELY irresponsible, and deserve your misery.  You earned it.. enjoy..

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Some Advice

AUTHOR: Sarah Anne - (U.S.A.)

Rule #1: If you don't have the money in your account, do not write the check.

It is your own fault, and if I worked for this company I wouldn't waste my time calling you back either. Learn to live within your means. If you don't get paid for 2 weeks, don't buy something today. Buy it in 2 weeks. Take responsibility for your own actions. Take responsibility for your money.

This situation is not Advanage's fault, and they should not be obligated to refund your money or make up the negative balance in your checking account.

THe same EXACT thing happened to me!!!

AUTHOR: Yeci - (U.S.A.)

I have talk to one person on the phone the same person you have, and she told me the woman Cassie who sold my product to me was fired, just the day before i called 3 days after, i told the cassie i have to ask my husband, she was like well i can hold a check for you, if u dont want it just call we wont cash it untl the first, well i checked the account and guess what, the check was cashed, she had me write it to barry fisher. I was so mad, thats when i called, because i had not recieved the other things that came along with it. I dont know what to do, i call every fricking day. i just called to tell them i know the liers, and i beet the person wasnt even fired. i have not recieved the rest of my products, it was only 34.95, but that is allot for us right now. i HAVE ANOTHER # TO CALL THAT I GOT FROM THE BACK OF MY CHECK. I am so mad!! what should i do?aww!

none

AUTHOR: Biegler - (U.S.A.)

I am the one that filed the report but i gave NO account info or me social security # nor dste of birth or year of birth so i'm in the clear

DO NOT

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Do not fax them your account balance. #1 call your bank and tell them this story, they will change your account numbers.

If you gave this guy your social security number and happed to say I was born in in X year, and he said really, when is your birthday. You have trouble.

When you call your bank ask them if they have an Identity Theft program.

What was the cleaning 'kit' that cost $250.00? For that did someone do the cleaning for you?