Complaint Review: Advance Cash USA

• Updated: Wed, November 13, 2013

• Reported By: kimberlysjoy — Lincolnton North Carolina
Advance Cash USA
202 independence Ave Washington , Dist of Columbia USA

Advance Cash USA Received an email stating: is to notify you the there is a legal case being field against you and your social # according to FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT ACCORDING TO 15 USC § 1692 AND CHAPTER 137 C SEE RULE 23RD COLUM 11TH C Washington DC

*General Comment: This was just a phishing attempt

I received this email;

Case no: - USD101190/GOV/FDIC

Hi this email is to notify you the there is a legal case being field against you and your social # according to FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT  ACCORDING TO 15 USC § 1692 AND CHAPTER 137 C SEE RULE 23RD COLUM 11TH C

We are trying to reach you since many days, but you are not bothering to call us back, so we want you or your attorney to call us back on our #202 239 6960 otherwise our next notification would give to your employer and your manager would be inform regarding same with the legal subpoena and legal notice, according to FDCPA chapter 13 c rule 15. [continued below]....

.....

This is the last and final notification from our end call us back and look for the legal department

Advance cash legal services

Legal association and debt consolidation

202 independence Ave Washington DC 20201

I REPLIED

I do not have a loan with Advance Cash USA. If you have documents stating when and where I obtained this loan please forward to me as soon as possible.

Then I got this email reply from them:

ok fine than your confirm going to jail,
God be with you

Regards,
John Hazellwood
(Sr Attorney)

To which I replied:

According to the law you have to provide me this information. So thank you for confirming in writing your refusal to do so. I will keep this notice for my records that you refused to provide proof of debt.

This phone number called me MUTIPLE times after this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2013 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advance-Cash-USA/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia-20201/Advance-Cash-USA-Received-an-email-stating-is-to-notify-you-the-there-is-a-legal-case-be-1099000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advance Cash USA

#1 General Comment

This was just a phishing attempt

AUTHOR: Nomorefakereports - ()

You just answered a random phishing attempt email. You can sleep easy knowing no one will sue you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC