Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Support | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Advanced Tech Support team can confidently handle myriad of computer problems that home users, small businesses face on a daily basis. Advanced Tech Support with over decade of experience in security software marketplace.

• Submitted: Tue, April 09, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2015

• Reported By: Henry — New Jersey
Advanced Tech Support
4800 Trex Ave Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Advanced Tech Support REVIEW: Advanced Tech Support strives to lead customer satisfaction within ] remote technical support industry.
*UPDATE: Advanced Tech Support pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers by increasing confidence when doing business with a member business. Advanced Tech Support recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Advanced Tech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Advanced Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Advanced Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

The principals at Advanced Tech Support all agree and work off of the same common goal, "our customers are number one to our business. [continued below]....
..... Without them we wouldn’t have a business. We take pride in separating ourselves from the pack especially within the remote technical support business. Overlooking your customers could be a costly mistake, and that’s one we aren’t willing to do.

Years of experience has taught us some simple lessons that most in our industry overlook. If you want to find answers on what changes need to be made you just need to listen to your customers. We have made some significant changes to our business based off of what our customer’s feedback was. In the end we became a stronger more complete company.

Our goals are simple we try and treat every customer like they are part of our family, because in the end they are what drives our business. Advanced Tech Support is very serious about customer satisfaction and we will do whatever it takes to make our customers happy.”

Advanced Tech Support is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Justin Wright during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Advanced Tech Support.

Advanced Tech Support is a virtual tech support company, specializing in helping customers with computer issues remotely, so the customer can get help from home. “We are a virtual Geek Squad. The customer can have any problem with their computer corrected at their home remotely from Advanced Tech Support’s office,” explains Justin Wright, a representative of the company. Leads are typically acquired through partnerships that Advanced Tech Support establishes with software companies. “Advanced Tech puts their phone number into software that is failing on the computer to steer the customer to Advanced Tech for help. The customer calls in to Advanced Tech and they run a brief diagnostic program on the computer to find what is causing the problem,” states Mr. Wright.

A typical sales/service process at Advanced Tech begins with the potential customer calling in to Advanced Tech with a computer problem. At that point, Advanced Tech runs their diagnostic program to determine the problem and fix it remotely. The customer is then offered a 1 or 3-year warranty service plan for the computer. Then, depending on the severity of the computer problem, the customer is notified that the problem has been fixed. The time frame for finding a solution to the problem varies depending on what type of problem the customer is experiencing. Mr. Wright states that it could take from hours to days to correct the problem.

ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT CUSTOMER SUPPORT & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION

At times, a customer may feel unsatisfied with the product or services they received. An example of this at Advanced Tech Support is “when a customer thought that the service is supposed to do something that it cannot because the customer’s hardware is too outdated to run the software properly,” explains Mr. Wright. However, he states that this is not a common complaint. “We take over 3000 calls a day asking for service. It is a small percentage based on the total number of calls that are taken each day,” he states. If the team at Advanced Tech support is unable to help the customer initially, the customer will be sent to a more advanced technician to try and resolve the problem. At that point, if the customer is still unhappy and the issue is still unresolved, they are offered a full refund, no questions asked. Once the customers are granted a refund, they are generally satisfied and the issue is considered resolved. After the issue is resolved, either by a refund or by Advanced Tech fixing the problem, there is no follow-up procedure unless the customer specifically requested that they receive a follow-up phone call. In response to complaints posted on Ripoff Report, Mr. Wright states that “Many of the people on that report have already received refunds from Advanced Tech. Many were posted before the customer had received their refunds.”

During the service process, Advanced Tech takes steps to ensure the customer’s information is not lost or erased from their computer. “We set a restore point on the machine so if anything does not work properly, we can go back in time and reset the computer to an earlier time to restore the data. Our company also offers back-up programs that can be purchased to save the data,” explains Mr. Wright. Additionally, to ensure the quality of their work, all technicians at Advanced Tech are Microsoft certified, PCI compliant, and Trustee certified. They have also received thousands of independent reviews that are certified. Since receiving complaints on Ripoff Report, Mr. Wright states that “the company has evolved in the last 3 years from doing the best job that is possible. Steps have been taken such as quality assurance and certifying all technicians, training, and retraining. We are constantly evolving in all of our departments.”

Mr. Wright and the team at Advanced Tech recognize the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. Mr. Wright states, “It just verifies the company a step further. It supports the company further as being politically correct and justifies the company in investing in certification of employees and their continuing training. Advanced Tech is going to surround itself with successful companies and groups today and in the future. Complaints regardless of whether we think there warranty need to be addressed. Not only do they need special attention they need to be looked at as a learning tool in respects to what your company is doing correctly, but more importantly what you’re not doing right. We have put a more streamlined approach in place to handle and collect data on why the negative review happened. This way we can correct the issue from happening in the future.”

ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT / Statements from the owner

"Advanced Tech Support is totally committed to listening to our clients to ensure a better technical support company now and in the future. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is a refreshing change from other technical support companies.

We have spent countless hours trying create and fine tool the most effective customer experience they could provide for their customers. Employees are put through a rigorous training center, ATS University, keeps our skilled technicians proficient and ready to be on the front lines, troubleshooting complex computer issues with ease. In return this makes for a smoother more enjoyable process for our customers.

Knowledge is power and our founders try and continually teach our technicians more efficient ways to work, in return making our customers happy.”

Three Reasons Why More Than 20,000 Clients Have Chosen Advanced Tech Support

"No Hidden Fees

Unlike other companies, we won't blindside you with hidden fees. Our pricing plans are discussed up-front, so you know what you're paying and can make an informed decision.

Superior Support

Think of us as your own personal help desk-always available to provide friendly, thorough service. We have the tools and training to quickly diagnose and resolve any issue.

We will Make It Right

Modern technology threats have complicated computer troubleshooting, which is why you need a trusted partner. We'll work around the clock until your system is secure, stable, and running smoothly.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Advanced Tech Support Founders and many of their past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Advanced Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

--------------------------------

Advanced Tech Support Inbound Call Experts tech support, horrible, worst, scam Boca Raton, Florida

Well it all Started when I had an issue with my computer where I had gotten a call trying to sell me
Some Speedypc Pro software which I stupidly bought into. After installing there software and letting it scan my PC I started to notice that my files like my excel files and pictures started to disappear. I ended up calling them up to get some help on this. Which I spoke to there Sales rep which automatically loaded up my event viewer and told me I had all these unsolved issues on my computer and the only way to get rid of them was if I signed up with there yearly technical support service which cost me over 500 dollars. Mind you after speaking and doing some digging on the internet I found out that all Paretologics software does is create fake entries into the registry and into the event viewer, so that the customer has to call for help and get scammed into buying unneeded tech support. Back to what I was saying, after I purchased there so called Technical Support services I was remotely connected to a technician and they ran some Toolkit on my computer , changed a ton of settings which afterwords told me the issue was resolved. I went to check for my files and they were still missing, so I called back again the second time, and they did the same thing they ran the same toolkit and told me that the files were back, I checked for the files which were still not there. I then was transfered to a Level 3 tech which worked on the issue for more than 2 weeks ...YES 2WEEKS!!
I was unable to use my computer and the end result was that I lost my financial documents, my quickbooks database and my family pictures, none of which were restored, they informed me that the system restore was not able to restore my files because it was no successful at restoring them, I was furious and demanded my money back...which at this point took over 7 days to even get them to acknowledge that it was there fault and that I was entitled to a refund. For anyone reading this dont install any of Paretologics software, this includes SpeedyPCPro , Regcure, Regcure PRO, ect....STAY AWAY FROM THEM.!!! MOST OF ALL STAY AWAY FROM ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Support/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Advanced-Tech-Support-Inbound-Call-Experts-tech-support-horrible-worst-scam-Boca-Raton-1041839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Support

Basically Fake Tech Support

AUTHOR: MDRater - ()

Advanced Tech Support is essentially a fake tech support company. These types of scams were the topic of an article in ComputerWorld in May of 2014. They stalk and prey on uninformed users taking them for hundreds of dollars, selling them software that they do not need, gaining unmonitored remote control access to personal and private systems and in many cases asking for personal passwords to email accounts. No legitimate service will ever ask you for you password. Microsoft will never cold call you to sell you support. The service is bogus, borderline criminal, dishonest.

miss use

AUTHOR: Teresa - ()

I have been a employee if ICE since 2013. Feb. I have been treated so unprofessional by this corporation,

They have given us bonuses for about 3 months.

For the past month they changed all of work ethics to undoable,

They have uped our work load to make it impossible to meet our goals to reach our goals to get our bonuses. They have taken away the priviledges of most employees. I would like to file a complaint against this company for mistreatment of employees. I have many business of my fellow employees  who will agree. Please contact me for any other info at the email address attached to this doc. I want to file a civil suit for Labor Laws. Sincerely Teresa Deal....5615776084

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

This has to stop

AUTHOR: CBR5-tech - ()

You know what, I totally agree with the original author of this report. Yes. It is wrong. I won't totally label it as a scam. For some, they need the hand holding on every little workings of a computer. But, as for the products. Yes. You are being upcharged out the wazoo! If you let them... thats the Key.

Just like in any situation. If you body is not well, car not well, or computer not well. Don't we always get a second opinion? Well, if we went to the first schmuck we see with a pop up ad and he sells you a tire for $300 and you buy it, when the same thing is on sale at Walmart for $69, were you scammed. No. You just didn't do your due diligence.

Exact same thing at Advanced Tech Support aka Inbound Call Experts. The place is ran like the Apple iPad sweatshop. They work all day with no lunch break. Seems like Shawshank. For $150 automated tune up. Allot 4-6 hours. It only takes an hour to run, but it will take the technician 4-6 hours to get back to you, because he is doing it on at least 5 other computers.  $250 down and $19.99 per month tech support plan. SMH.

Now, granted, some people do expect too much. You can call Advanced Tech Support to host your website, move server information or setup your network. Not their forte'. Anyway the point I am making is. Yes. Its a business. Yes. They will take your money. Yes. They will have you calling back and will try and sell you more services. A level 3 technician has no more certifications than a senior fry cook at McDonalds. MTA, at best. Just don't use them.

My problem with the company is this. What makes it a scam is. Most of the victims that are suffering are elderly, handicapped or novice uses of Windows XP/Vista and new Windows 8 users. If you have a brand new computer or have cable internet. You already get free antivirus. Don't get rid of it. If you have a older computer and it is running slow. Nothing they have will make it run faster for longer than a few months, thats when the pop up software takes over you computer and slows it down again.

Its totally not right to lie to make a sales quota to load software, your computer doesn't need. Knowingly, you will be calling back, which means you now need to buy a support plan. Thats not service. Yes. All the products. Especially Panda antivirus, PCMRI, malwarebytes, all load with popup add that will prompt you to install more software, block your wireless connection to devices or the internet, which inturn you have to pay and register to remove temp files or update drivers that don't need updating.

Not getting what you pay for, is one thing. Not getting a certified technician to work on your computer is another. With offices in Austrailia, Asian, UK and US.. you can't even guarantee if you can understand who you have.

My honest opinion. If you paid over $100 for anything with this company. You just made a donation.

You are incorrect

AUTHOR: LoveMePC - ()

My friend,

Not only are you lacking in the area of spelling...but you don't understand computers. You also don't understand business. The program you bought was from a 3rd party. The company you are complaining about assists customers in activating their software. If the computer has errors they pitch you a support plan. You admit you were wrong for buying the software and that was your fault. How are you not at fault for buying tech support?

Either you are wrong or right on both. You spent a lot of money without doing research, etc and now you're angry. That is no reason to trash a company because you chose not to do any research. Do yourself a favor. Invest in a little research and a little spell check.

Also I did some research. The program you bought doesn't delete documents etc. It clears temp files and things nowhere related to what you said "disappeared". You misplaced them. Look in a mirror.

Pat

Everything was resolved.

AUTHOR: Henry - ()

They finally got back to me, were respectful, and refunded my money.