Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Support

• Submitted: Mon, July 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie — Tamarac Florida
4800 Trex Ave, Suite 350, Boca Raton, Florida USA

Advanced Tech Support Advanced Tech Support or ADVANCED SCAM SUPPORT? Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Advanced Tech Support

Our nightmare began June 18, 2013  My computer would not update 2 important Windows updates.  I was directed to contact Advanced Tech Support.  It appeared that Windows was directing us to them.  We were told that the computer had problems with the "Registry issues" and that subscription to their service is $180.00
Since we are a small business and could not afford down time, we bought into their service.  Well, to make a long story short, it was about 2 weeks and the computer was still not up and running (Now we were interfacing with their Level 3 group, supposedly the most expert in computer repair)  These So called experts told us that we needed Panda Security software in order to take care of the "Registry Issue" and that they would do us a big favor and install the software on both our office computers for only $300.00 (Normally $500.00)  Being shut down for 2 weeks we were frantic and bought the program.  Then all Hell broke loose.  My computer literally crashed, as in DEAD.  My husbands computer's E drive where all the office files were on, was gone.  Now it is July 4th weekend and we are purchasing a new computer for me.  Fortunately the store we purchased from was able to recover my husband's E drive.  Knowing the company is in Boca Raton, Florida and we are just slightly South of Boca, I demanded a refund.  I also asked for the name of the CEO  We were given the refund but we were not given the name of the owners of the company.  We have contacted several of the local news stations with the desire for us to share our story so that others are not scammed.  For those of you who have lost money, I recommend that you contact them again and demand a refund.  These people have to be stopped.  They cost us thousands of dollares in hardware and thousands more in lost revenue as they are doing to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Support/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Advanced-Tech-Support-Advanced-Tech-Support-or-ADVANCED-SCAM-SUPPORT-Boca-Raton-Florida-1065369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Support

Advanced Tech Support

AUTHOR: Advanced Tech Support - ()

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of the recent complications that you have experienced. Advanced Tech Support is dedicated to making our customers happy. We would like to hear from you directly so we can correct any and all issues you are experiencing.

Please reach out to us via one of our official support channels with your order ID.

To contact one of our support agents please visit our contact page here: http://www.advancedtechsupport.com/contact-us.aspx You can chat with a live chat support person from 8am to Midnight EST time 7 days a week. If you like you can call us directly at 1-800-978-4501 24 x 7

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmest regards,