Complaint Review: Advanced Wellness Research - Whitening Now

• Submitted: Sat, May 16, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 16, 2009

• Reported By:Southgate Michigan
Advanced Wellness Research - Whitening Now
500 South Pointe Drive, Suite 230 Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Wellness Research - Whitening Now will highjack your credit account- BEWARE! Miami Beach Florida

I thought I would try the "free trial" online at Whitening Now (shipping only, $4.99). The real company name is Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. in Miami Beach FL. They have numerous fraudulent and deceptive techniques and advertisement online (such as cathysteeth.com). They sell every new "snake oil" that comes out: aqia berry, colon cleansing, tooth whitening, etc).

They draw you in (to use your credit card) with multiple claims of "free" or "no risk", then they sign you up WITHOUT CONSENT to AUTOMATIC MONTHLY WITHDRAWALS on your credit account! ($78.93 + $6.99 S&H)

In the ordering process, there is no mention of a contract; you are not directed to contract terms, there is no check box, no "I agree" box, nothing. (Acontract that is not presented to the customer is not valid).

I stumbled on the contract 5 minutes after ordering, while surfing their website. It reads as a complicated legal document-scary. I immediately tried to cancel, but was denied. They have one phone number to INDIA and a room full of theives. I called twice, and sent 2 emails to immediately cancel my account- all denied.

The only way out was to quickly call my debit card company (bank) and cancel. I then went to my nearest bank branch and filed an affidavit have fraudulent charges investigated and removed from my account. I will never again use my credit card online or with unknown companies (PayPal only).

NOTE: Apparently, the local regulatory agencies and Better Business Bureau are worthless; the company continues to scam people with over 900 REPORTED complaints to BBB. (Your tax dollars at work).

Fraudbuster
Southgate, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Wellness-Research-Whitening-Now/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/Advanced-Wellness-Research-Whitening-Now-will-highjack-your-credit-account-BEWARE-Miam-452464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Wellness Research - Whitening Now