Complaint Review: Advantage Marketing LLC

• Updated: Tue, August 24, 2010

• Reported By: Wendy — Orem Utah United States of America
Advantage Marketing LLC
1100 Quail Street Newport Beach, California United States of America

Advantage Marketing LLC Aaron Crackower, David Ruben Preys upon hardworking husbands in their offices and guilts them into "pampering" their wife by paying $50 for a "spa package" where the most valueable offer is the "complimentary" drink. Newport Beach, California

My husband came home very excited to give me a present to celebrate the end of finals.  I got pretty excited too when he told me it was a spa package and I could get my hair cut and colored and get a massage and many other luxurious services.

Apparently a young woman came flouncing into my husbands office that day and gave him the hard-sell.  She really talked up the services (which means she made them sound like they included deluxe services) and saying that buying the package would get us a 90% discount.  She guilted him about "when was the last time you did something really unique and nice for your wife."  She told him that one could only buy these special packages from certified sales reps like herself and so when she walked out the door the deals would be gone.  My husband was busy and bought the "package" without reading it--relying on her representation of what he was buying.

When we looked at what we actually got we realized that my hardworking, busy husband had been duped.

Here is what we got:

Skin analysis-big whoop

a facial skin care prescription--what? they're going to analyze my skin but not tell me what I should do...that's extra I guess.

The same thing for hair, a consultation AND a prescription--Whoo h*o!

no haircut, five (5!!) surface highlights, scalp massage. 10% off a full color or a haircut--wow!

a "Complimentary Beverage"

A "consultation on massage therapy" and a "body care prescription"--notice a pattern? they'll tell you what you should do then expect you to buy the services on top of the price you already paid for the package.

You do get a 30 min Swedish Massage but you are expected to pay a 15% gratuity on top of the price you already paid for the package.

"Consultation on Proper nail care" and a "nail care prescription" "10% off nail care products" -- see what I mean?

a petite manicure OR petite pedicure but you can pay extra if you want a deluxe manicure or pedicure but again you must pay gratuity on all services you get.

The moral of the story is:  Guys, beware of buying a spa package from anyone selling door-to-door or office-to-office.

I called Advantage Marketing at 1-800-480-9194 and they told me "sorry but the package is what it is and your husband bought it so there is nothing you can do."  David Ruben told me that they have been doing this for 20 years for hundreds of spas.

Just Say "NO!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2010 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Marketing-LLC/Newport-Beach-California-/Advantage-Marketing-LLC-Aaron-Crackower-David-Ruben-Preys-upon-hardworking-husbands-in-th-634323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Marketing LLC