drunk

Advantage Nissan
Westbury, NY Wstbury, New York United States of America

Advantage Nissan Nissan takes "ADVANTAGE" Wstbury, New York

*UPDATE Employee: NYAG Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Forget the AG...Its Your Job To Protect Yourself.

On October 14, 2012 my husband and I entered Advantage Nissan in Westbury to shop around for an SUV. After test driving a Rogue SV, began negotiating the price with James, the sales person. Finally, James and us agreed on $24,000 for a 2012 Rogue SV minus a $7,000 trade for a total of $17,000 to be financed for 5 years.  My husband and I using the calculator on our cell phone also came to more and less the same amount.  After a long wait, we finally met with the finance person named  John Rodriguez. I explained the deal we agreed on with the salesman. He listened, nodded and said : Your payment will be 300. 61 for 60 months.   When I got back home from the dealership I reviewed the forms. Thats when I came across a form that seemed like the bill of sale, which I dont recall signing or seeing before. The price of the car was listed as 28,000+. I was charged for extended warranty and an interest rate of 5.9%. I was given a 59 month payment of 300.61 and one last balloon payment of 10,800. When we went back, John Rodriguez said, you should have looked what you were signing.

The car was sold to me under false pretenses. I decided to report this to the office of attorney general for investigation. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who is ever been taken by a car salesman. However, I believe that this unethical behavior has to stop and that can only be stopped if we, the consumer, tell our side of story to the officials whose job is to protect the consumers. If you are reading this post and have a similar story please report it to the attorney general. The authorities will take action if they see a pattern.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Nissan/Wstbury-New-York-/Advantage-Nissan-Nissan-takes-ADVANTAGE-Wstbury-New-York-961453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Nissan

NYAG Customer Service

AUTHOR: Advantage Nissan - (United States of America)

Dear Rip Off Report User,

My name is ToniAnne and I handle the customer service at Advantage Nissan.  I am terribly sorry about your recent experience at our dealership and I can assure you this is something I will be looking into.  Miscommunication, especially in regards to final paperwork, is unacceptable.  It is our job to ensure our customers that the proper attention is being given during the car buying process.  I would like to learn more about your experience to ensure this does not happen again.  Please email me at your earliest convenience: NYAGCustomerService@AtlanticAutoGroup.net.  Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I look forward to speaking with you.

- ToniAnne

Forget the AG...Its Your Job To Protect Yourself.

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Here we go again...its an epidemic...BLAME EVERYBODY ELSE! Clearly YOU should have read what you were signing before you obligated yourself! How simple is that to understand??? Should the dealer have been honest? Of course! But YOU should have known what you were agreeing to! They have a SIGNED CONTRACT which states by way of YOUR SIGNATURE you agree with everything that contract says. Ripoff here? Probably. But YOU had every opportunity to prevent it by READING the contract BEFORE you agreed with it.