Complaint Review: Advantage rent-a-car

• Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: nowmat — milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
Advantage rent-a-car
2710 Mannheim Rd Des Plaines, Illinois United States of America

Advantage rent-a-car Theft, Fraud, Dishonesty, the only good experience was leaving the rental office... Des Plaines, Illinois

WARNING!

Whatever you do, do not rent with this company! I rented in Chicago. The shuttle that is supposed to come every 15 min was almost an hour late. The prices were over $200 over the quote price. The staff was not at all helpful and they were trying to upsell me on everything. Watch out for hidden costs. This company has absolutely no transperancy in its business practices. The manager was extremely unethical: after I finally received a price and signed for it, he gave me a new ticket and added $40 dollars more to my credit card. This is flat out theft and could in fact count as a criminal activity. Fortunately I caught his add-on and forced him to give me the price I signed for.

I felt lied to the entire time I was in the office. This branch is completely unprofessional. Pay $50 more and take a different company like Budget or Dollar. I will never again use this service. I recommend that all customers take their business elsewhere (but not to Hertz because it is a parent company.)

Do not give them your credit card number. You will be surprised later with extra hidden charges that they never told you about when you rented the car.

A very poor experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-rent-a-car/Des-Plaines-Illinois-/Advantage-rent-a-car-Theft-Fraud-Dishonesty-the-only-good-experience-was-leaving-the-r-678010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage rent-a-car