Complaint Review: advantage rental car

• Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Sherly B — Hackettstown New Jersey
advantage rental car
5012 W. Laurel street Tampa, Florida USA

advantage rental car manager's nane steve. I made my reservation online for less than $100 for 3 days. The day that I dropp off the car I was a few hours late than they charge more than double without a good explanation. I was told that it was because I was late for those hours, wich made no sense to me. for 3 days it came about $100 and for a few hours late it is close to $150. Please I would like someone to contact those cone artist and make them stop hurting people like this. Tampa Florida

I have been rob by this advantage company. They ripp me off for over $150 and I truly believe someone should say something to those thieves to make them stop hurting people.

I made a reservation online for 3 days of a total of $78.75 after tax $104. I picked up the car I ended up being charged for $193. They tried to make me believe it was because they upgraded me, wich I did not need. Then, I even asked about the mileage I was told that I don't have to worry because it is all included in the prices. They did not explain to me if I don't return the car at the time requested I will be charged for an extra day.

They however, said I will be charged for $9/hour for each additional hour that I have the car. So, when I dropp off the car, I ended up being charge for an extra $55. I truly don't understand how a $104 can come out to be $247. I strongly believe that this company is scamming people. Whether or not I will have an explanation about $150 they stole from me, someone should contact this business. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/advantage-rental-car/Tampa-Florida-33607/advantage-rental-car-managers-nane-steve-I-made-my-reservation-online-for-less-than-10-1136866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on advantage rental car