Complaint Review: A&E Factory Service

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 06, 2007

• Reported By:Slate Hill New York
A&E Factory Service
353 Richard Mine Road Wharton, New Jersey U.S.A.

A&E Factory Service Estimate, What Estimate Ripoff Wharton New Jersey

I called A&E Service because I was told to do so by the company that made my washing machine. I was told that the parts were under warranty so I figured, OK, I will pay the service charge and any applicable labor and the tech will fix whats wrong. No problem right? Wrong!

I was told that the technician would diagnose the problem and give me an estimate on the job. I informed the Customer Service Agent that the parts were to be under warranty. Made the appointment, tech came in diagnosed the problem and replaced the faulty water pump on my machine. I figured, no problem, the parts are under warranty.

Then he comes to me and says we need to call the company to get a authorization code to warranty the water pump. I call the company (Whirlpool) and am told that the part is not under warranty and I would have to pay for the parts and labor. The technician was polite and made me feel like this was an every day occurance for him, which tells me that this is a deceptive company.

I ended up getting stuck with a $217.00 bill for a water pump and half hour of labor! I could have bought a new machine for $288.00! I was deceived by both Whirlpool and A&E Service and stuck with this outrageous bill. Even if you think your parts are under warranty, make sure the technician has authorization to warranty the parts before the tech starts to work.

I am going to go directly to Sears and complain about the service of their sister company. If I do not get anywhere with them, I will stop payment on the check and fight them in court if I need to. Stay away from A&E Factory Service.

Dan
Slate Hill, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2007 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AE-Factory-Service/Wharton-New-Jersey-07885/AE-Factory-Service-Estimate-What-Estimate-Ripoff-Wharton-New-Jersey-242752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A&E Factory Service