Complaint Review: AE WorldWide - Todd Grahm

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: Jason's Services — Stillwater Oklahoma
AE WorldWide - Todd Grahm
190 Franklin Tpk., Suite 1 Mahwah, New Jersey USA

AE WorldWide - Todd Grahm AE Worldwide Will Not Pay $80 For Services Performed at Their Request - Todd Said It's No Big Deal It's Only $80 Mahwah New Jersey

On November 7th I was enjoying some time off with my family when I received a call from Lisa at AE Worldwide requesting immediate service to disconnect a washer and dryer and prepare it for shipping for one of their customers.  Knowing how difficult it can be for out of town companies to locate such a service in my area, I agreed to help them out.  Despite basically providing emergency service and despite giving up my day off with my family, I did not charge anything over my normal rate of $80.

I performed the service as requested and sent in my invoice a few days later.  After waiting for the agreed upon amount of time for payment, and after not receiving payment, my wife called to check on payment status.  She was told that the check would be cut the following Friday.  After waiting a reasonable amount of time, and after not receiving payment once again, my wife called and spoke directly to Todd Graham.  Todd told my wife that the check was not sent but that it would be sent out on Friday.  At this point my wife pressed the issue and asks if he would guarantee that the check would go out on Friday.  Todd was not willing to make such a promise and then went on to tell my wife that it really wasn't worth us worrying about because it was only $80.

Because of the way he blew off our request for payment, we began to doubt that we would ever see payment.  And so far our doubts have proved correct.  As I write, we are currently 90 days out from the day the service was performed.  And so far no payment or communication regarding payment has been received.

On one hand I agree with Todd.  It is only $80 - my business will survive without this payment.  But on the other hand, I am very concerned with this $80 because I just don't like knowing that there is a company out there who makes it a practice to take advantage of small businesses.   For this reason I will pursue this payment through whatever means the law provides.  In addition, I will report this company to the appropriate agency/agencies who investigated fraud in New Jersey.

If your business has been taken advantage of by AE Worldwide, make sure to take time and write out your report.   According to the long list of complaints at Ripoff  Report concerning AE Worldwide, it seems apparent that failed payments are not the exception for this company but the rule.  They can only survive like this by finding new and unsuspecting vendors each time they need a service performed.  But if more business owners become aware of AE Worldwide and their failure to pay, it will become harder and harder for this company to find contractors to help them fulfill their promises.  They will then have to choose between becoming an honest company who pay their bills or simply go out of business.

So go ahead and help protect other business owners by making your report.  And then contact the local moving contractors in your area and give the heads up that if they agree to work for AE Worldwide, then they are likely agreeing to work for free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AE-WorldWide-Todd-Grahm/-Mahwah-New-Jersey-07430/AE-WorldWide-Todd-Grahm-AE-Worldwide-Will-Not-Pay-80-For-Services-Performed-at-Their-R-1121746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AE WorldWide - Todd Grahm