Complaint Review: Aetna Disability Insurance

• Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: HOMELESS IN SEATTLE — Seattle Washington
Aetna Disability Insurance
Aetna, P.O. Box 1460 Portland, Oregon USA

Aetna Disability Insurance Aetna Disabilities Practices are Vile......PEOPLE - CLASS-ACTION!? If you were violently attacked would you not turn in this attacker so they could not HARM another innocent person!? Portland Oregon

I was on a cancer treatment and the side effect of this medication has caused me difficulty cognitively and physically. Short term memory loss is a major issue for me (Oncologist quote: "Although she is physically competent her inability to concentrate and follow through to complete tasks makes her unable to work at anything").

I had to be on this medication to complete my cancer treatment or ultimately die.

From March 3rd 2012 to July 2012 I had been approved and was receiving Aetna short term disability. One month before it was scheduled to go into a long term status I was denied the short term. Therefore long term was in the end denied.  Mind you ‘nothing with my disability status had changed’ from the months prior that they had approved!

With the help of my Oncologist, Oncology Social Worker, friends and advocates, I fought with this so called “insurance company” to continue my disability. We appealed twice and were denied.

The reason I was denied was that Aetna claims I can do a job that does not require thinking and where the employer does not care that you are clinically depressed and have chronic sometimes debilitating joint pain.

My Job requires me to be very sharp mentally and if I am not up to par I would be removed of my duties. According to my Dr.’s / Oncologist this drug will wash out of my system and I should be able to return to my duties with minimal symptoms and thank God cancer free.

NOW….As a direct affect from this issue with Aetna, I had to file for bankruptcy and I have lost my home (I am homeless) and have sold most of my personal items to get bye.

WHY ARE WE NOT DOING A CLASS-ACTION!?

Do a Google search for “Aetna disability insurance claims denied”.

It’s ridiculously vile how many people have been scammed by this company so let’s get together and do something

It would sure be lucrative for a good attorney…….

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aetna-Disability-Insurance/-Portland-Oregon-97207/Aetna-Disability-Insurance-Aetna-Disabilities-Practices-are-VilePEOPLE-CLASS-ACTI-1068452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aetna Disability Insurance