Complaint Review: affinion-group

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: jbaldrar — Jacksonville Florida
affinion-group
6 High Ridge Park Rd Stamford , Connecticut USA

affinion-group They SLAM insurance on you for NOT responding to a 3rd party mailer Stamford Connecticut

I filed this complaint today because some type of AD&D insurance was taken out without my permission. The company took $22.50 from an account that I keep $1.00 balance in order to receive a discount on my mortgages with Fairwinds Credit Union. Because of the $1.00 balance an additional $35.00 NSF fee was removed. YAffinion company cost me $57.50 today! I called and the first person (Manny) pretty much called me a liar and said the coverage will remain stating "You signed! You signed!". Seriously? I signed nothing regarding anything to do with your company. Of course this upset me and I asked to speak to a manager. The lady I spoke to said she would cancel this policy I NEVER REQUESTED and refund my $22.50 (Which as of this writing, has not been done) - I asked about the $35.00 NSF fee the company caused and I was told to deal with my Credit Union. Unbelievable...They cost me an additional $35.00 and now I have to deal with it?

I just got off the phone with the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation and will be completing a formal complaint with their office this morning. I also called Fairwinds Credit Union (Where I have 3 mortgages and 3 asset accounts) and spoke to my branch manager where I have done all my banking since 2001. She is putting me in touch with the department management that handles third party vendors such this company and stated she is just as upset and has received other complaints. I will make sure that they are aware of the unfair and rude treatment I received today and that they do business with a more reputable company.

I was also put on the DO NOT SEND list for 3rd party vendors. I suggest you do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/affinion-group/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/affinion-group-They-SLAM-insurance-on-you-for-NOT-responding-to-a-3rd-party-mailer-Stamf-1074383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on affinion-group