Complaint Review: Affinity58.com

Affinity58.com
4550 Central Ave. NE # 1162 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Affinity58.com Shopaffinity58.com Deceptive practices Minneapolis , Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I rest my case

*Author of original report: I may only speak moderately well...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dazed & Confused

Single person owner operator type of company. Switched shipping requirements after paying for the products. Which ultimately required additional fee.

Web site said I qualified for free shipping which I didn't get. No invoice except for a summary invoice from PayPal. I was required to cut and paste a link to see actual breakdown. I'm sorry, that shouldn't be allowed. There I found they charged $350 for shipping?!! Her reply was that she gave me too good a price to receive free shipping?!!!!!! I even changed products at her prodding to qualify for the free shipping!!!

One item was damaged during delivery for which I was told I would not receive replacement till after the additional 96 dollars, from the first delivery, shipping fee was paid!!!!!!!!!!! According to her web site and emails to me, even if I was paying for shipping, she sent it curbside self unload which should not have had an additional fee. The other choice she gave was white glove which due to time constraints I did not choose.

Her ebay store front gives her good ratings, perhaps they hold her to a higher standard. I used her direct web site. I should have known better when she said not to enter the purchase on the web site (due to a item cost/shipping ratio?) and that she would handle it through email, that something not quite right was happening.

I could go on with the delivery fiasco but this is the meat of it. I've complained to the proper authorities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affinity58com/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55421/Affinity58com-Shopaffinity58com-Deceptive-practices-Minneapolis-Minnesota-1045100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affinity58.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I rest my case

AUTHOR: Affinity58 - ()

I have all my emails as well...as proof. She was given ALL the facts, and ALL the details, and ALL the choices SEVERAL TIMES, BEFORE she made a purchase. These extra things, are very time intensive things I do for my clients, and usually they love the chance to decide what to save money on, and what not to. I had to explain her choices many times, because it was clear she did not get it. FINALLY, after figuring every which way to deliver 300 LBS of glass furniture, (which is a complicated issue), when I was reasonably confident she knew what she was doing, I agreed to the sale, and went on to give her WAY MORE than she paid for.

Now she is punishing me for going the extra mile and bending over backwards for her. When I called her to find out WHY she was not taking delivery, and costing me hundreds of dollars to get her shipment there early, and then have the freight co not be able to deliver, she rambled on for 20 minuets blaming MAIL BOXES, and everyone else she could think of, for HER CHOICES. I extended a further kindness to her, by giving her another service she hadn't paid for...and you see what I get for my trouble. This is a sleezy move. She should be ashamed of herself.

These "proper authorities" have most likely looked at all the facts, and told her she received way more than she paid for, and has no recourse. Seeing she has chosen to drag me through the mud for doing her favors, I should throw my hands up and be rid of this. However, I would STILL continue to try and help her, if she apologizes for blaming her unfortunate choices on me, and the unwarrented attacks on my character, which are simply not true...but that's just me, and what I do.

I may only speak moderately well...

AUTHOR: Jess - ()

... as English is my second language, but I certainly can read and write well enough.

Everything she says is hearsay or distortion. I have all the emails as proof. Email states commercial/loading dock (or self unload). Email also stated, carrier will call for appointment. Later email asks if I have called for appointment. Calling the carrier, they are perplexed, it is out for delivery, no call in either direction. They get to commercial delivery address, which we only find out we needed AFTER we had paid and after we were told curbside delivery, and tell the place there is three hundred pound box, which they refuse because of weight, instead of three one hundred pound boxes. Not our fault

The damaged piece was immediately opened, the driver photographed it and called it in. I signed for the rest of the shipment with the damage being noted. You couldn't file a claim? Lies or distortion, it matters not. All you have is hearsay, I have everything in writing, documented and photographed. If needed I will find a way to make these available to anyone who asks.

As to the replacement going out?  A Friday afternoon and it makes it out on the truck heading to Long Island from Virginia?  Perhaps but unlikely. It wasn't going UPS or anything like that. I just can't take anything she says at face value.

I'm tired of this but unfortunately there is still more. Perhaps I should just owe it up to un-professionalism, lack of discipline and too much free wheeling decision  making because she is the owner operator. No one to be held accountable too.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dazed & Confused

AUTHOR: Affinity58 - ()

It is a tragedy when there is nothing on earth one can do to satisfy a client.

I have spent so much time trying to help this woman, you have no idea.

It became very apparent she doesn't have a command of the english language, so I tried to
explain, an re-explain, her options over a dozen times. It makes me very sad
she has gone so far as to take advantage of the situation.

I always go above and beyond for my clients, and unlike most internet businesses, give the option
of the less expensive options, which of freight/shipping are always a significant part of the expense. She chose the less expensive option of taking delivery at a commercial address. On top of that she requested an early
delivery which I jumped through hoops, and paid extra, to get to her. Then, the address she provided refused delivery, as she obviously did not have permission to use said address for delivery. She was informed right away she needed to
connect with the freight company, as they would charge extra for RE-delivery, if no one is available to take delivery. My freight co tried to deliver for 5 days. I was charged freight charges totaling much more than the small amount I
make for putting her order through.

Because she provided a commercial address, at a lower price, that would not accept her delivery, I had to have them deliver to her home address, which was originally presented, and rejected, by her as it cost an extra $96. She was billed the
Residential price of $96, and I myself paid the extra $300 plus she incurred for storage & redelivery, with the freight company, which was her responsibility in the first place, and also exceeded any profit from the order.

This was not good enough for her, nor did she appreciate anything that was done on her behalf.
Ultimately, one of the small pieces in her order was damaged, most likely because they had been trying over and over again to deliver, and glass doesnt fare so well being schlepped around like that.

I ordered her a replacement of the damaged piece immediately, at No Charge, (even though she signed a delivery slip accepting the damage, against my instructions and advice, making it impossible to recoup the expense), but insisted she actually pay for the original price of the residential delivery. Despite the fact she refused to
pay the original price, despite the fact I paid for most of her shenanigans, despite the fact I had a new piece expedited to her, she accused me of trying to screw her. Then, on top of everything everyone went through for her, she
refused to take delivery of the replacement piece, costing even more charges to us, and then she started threatening me.

The moral of the story, some people you can never make happy.

It is very sad we could not help her no matter what we tried, nor did she appreciate the extra time and money we all extended to her.  It has become obvious she is the "rip-off". We should never had gone the extra mile to begin with :(
Most of my Clients are lovely, honest people, who appreciate what we do. They make it all worth it.

Thanks Friends & Members:)