Complaint Review: Affirmative Insurance

• Reported By: llewellyn — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Affirmative Insurance
North Ave & Narrangansett Oak Park, Illinois United States of America

Affirmative Insurance Insure One Denied My Insurance Claim Oak Park , Illinois

Affirmative Insurance is like having no Insurance....I filed a claim with  Affirmative Insurance Company regarding my 2004 Toyota, Matrix. In the month of 10/2009 I hit a huge pothole coming off of the 290 eisenhower expressway, immediately after I hit the pot hole my tranmission just blew. I had to get my car towed to a local mechanic shop near my house. I went and filed a police report regarding the incident and then i contacted the insurance company and advise the insurance company of what happen.

Affirmative sent one of their adjusters out to check the car out maybe 1 week after the incident. i never received a call but I received a letter in the mail stating that they have to further investigate the issue. I contacted the mechanic and ask the mechanic what happen, the mechanic stated the adjuster said that it look like someone took a hammer and and busted the transmission. I was very surprised that the insurance company would accuse me of damaging my car on purpose, that is my only form of transportation. I felt that was very unprofessional to even make a comment of that sort.

So I called the insurance company time after time leaving a message for the adjuster never received a call back maybe 3 weeks later and he said they want to take the car to tranmission specialist so they can check out the transmission. I agreed because I really did not have nothing to hide. YTo make a long story short my car was taken to transmission specialist. I never received a call back from the adjuster the mechanic from the mechanic that the insurance used called me and told me that my insurance claim was denied.

Okay from day one the insurance company already made a desicision that they were not going to fix my car, they should of told me up front. What is the use of having insurance with them and they are going to just figure out a way not to pay for your car. The reason why people get insurance, is to secure what you have. The insurance company has a lot of unprofessional air heads working for them. Believe me this is not the end of me with Affirmative Insurance. As I write this letter I still have not received a call back from my adjuster.....Now that is some Bull...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2009 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affirmative-Insurance/Oak-Park-Illinois-/Affirmative-Insurance-Insure-One-Denied-My-Insurance-Claim-Oak-Park-Illinois-544639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affirmative Insurance