offers

Complaint Review: Affordable Appliance Service, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, July 02, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: TellTheTruth! — Claremont California
Affordable Appliance Service, Inc.
33540 Hayfield Circle Wildomar, California USA

Affordable Appliance Service, Inc. AKA Ron & Susan Douglas Non Affordable Screw Your Appliances Service Wildomar California

Problem 1: It is impossible to get these guys to commit to a time line. Even telling them you will be home on Thursday means they will respond that you have to call back to confirm an appointment! Who does that? That is very poor customer service.

Problem 2: Even if you get them on the phone, remember this is the second call now, they will not come at a conveninet time to you. They make sure the schedule fits what they want NOT what the customer wants or needs. I took a whole day off and they did not show!! Extremely poor customer service even after confirming a timeline!

Problem 3: They can't get the repair done on one call. Unlike most repairmen who are capable of handling a repair all you hear is excuses and how they are inconveninced. Who is the customer now?

Problem 4: The first time Ron came out he did not ask what was wrong with the appliance. INSTEAD he chose NOT   TO USE HIS TOOLS and magically decided what was wrong with the appliance. AGAIN poor customer service skills and lacking in the ability to hear what a customers problem with an appliance is. I have a washing machine and all he did was yell at me and get mad at me because "I should have not bought this brand (GE)." He left very happy with his diagnosis.

NOTE: I had a previous call in and the guy who came out knew what was wrong AND he actually used real tools to diagnose what the problem was. He was fast, efficient, courteous, and I did not have to make an ordeal out of phone calling him to get him out to fix the machine. He was not able to come out again and they sent this clown from affordable out. Ron immediately started bad mouthing the previous appliance repairman which is extremely bad form.

Problem 5: The diagnosis I got was some weird mumbo jumbo about how I don't know how to put clothes in a washer and how they are 'taking a shower' etc, etc, etc,... It was ridiculous and I am old enough to know how to 'wash' clothes. He seems to think that by making himself out to sound superior that he earned his pay that day.

PROBLEM 6: Despite this clown Ron coming out and going through all the motions of 'thinking' he was a miracle worked and fixed the machine: IT WAS STILL BROKEN RON!!! This machine was not fixed.

Problem 7: Again with the phone calling and trying to get this supposed techinician out to finally diagnose the machine. Of course I forgot to mention that the first guy who USED TOOLS TO DIAGNOSE THE MACHINE had left paperwork which revealed what was wrong. He was disinterested since he didnt' want to use tools the first time and wanted to yell at me for my choice of machine.

Problem 8: He finally comes out after having words on the phone. I at this point was really questioning his ability and should have NOT had him come back. HE FINALLY BROKE OUT THE TOOLS TO DIAGNOSE THE MACHINE. This is the THIRD DAY of me having to take time off of work to accomplish this. Guess what the diagnosis was? The same thing as the previous technician had paperwork for Ron!!!

NOTE: In the process of him 'diagnosing' the washing machine he shocked himself. Of course he shorted something else out on the machine!!! He also INVALIDATED the guarantee from being too incompetent to work on the machine!!! End of the story? He ruined my $650 machine and warranty.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: I called customer service to find out what was going on with the repair. They informed me that I no longer had a warranty. He lied to them and told them some kind of mumbo jumbo which invalidated the warranty!!!

WARNING: Don't use this guy. Don't trust this guy. He obviously demonstrated to me the height of incompetence in repairing an appliance!!! Who goes out to look at a washing machine and diagnoses it without the proper tools? No customer service skills. He was extremely disrespectful and made me feel like he was being put out. Gee are you not supposed to repair appliances? Will not make the repair convenient to your schedule. I took 3 days off work. First time he did not use tools to diagnose the machine, and lectured me on how things work. Second time HE DIDN'T SHOW UP CALL NOTHING!!!! I left many messages indicating I would be home and was taking off of work to be there between 12 and 6. I didn't even get a call back. Third time he ACTUALLY brought tools to diagnose the machine. He shocked himself and damaged the machine further so that it would not work at all!!!!

MY ADVICE IS TO AVOID THIS GUY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Appliance-Service-Inc/Wildomar-California-92595/Affordable-Appliance-Service-Inc-AKA-Ron-Susan-Douglas-Non-Affordable-Screw-Your-Appl-1063984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Appliance Service, Inc.