Complaint Review: Affordable Cars and Trucks

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Leslie B — Webster Texas
Affordable Cars and Trucks
17000 Dallas Parkway Dallas, Texas USA

Affordable Cars and Trucks Earth, Wind and Solar; Auto Underwriters of America, Inc.; Oak Rock Financial Dealer Fraud Dallas/Houston, TX; Coarsegold, CA; Bohemia, NY Dallas, TX

*Consumer Comment: I am experiencing the same thing

*Author of original report: Finally spoke to someone

1/30/10 I bought a car from Affordable Cars and Trucks in Houston, TX. The corporate office is located out of Dallas, TX. From the start I've had problems with this company registering the car in my name. They didn't eventually register the vehicle in my name until May of 2010.

In June of 2013 I noticed that the debit payments were not being process by Affordable Cars and Trucks and the name showed up as Earth, Wind and Solar. At first I disputed this amount with my bank because I didn't reconize the name. After going through my records I noticed that it was for the same amount as my car note and left it alone.

On 9/1 I paid my car off and was told by Affordable cars and Trucks that my title should be received by the end of the month.

9/30/13, still no title so I called the number given to me by the rep as a follow up number and spoke to Dean Antonis. He informed me that he would contact Oak Rock Financial and let them know that my car was paid in full and to send me the title.

10/14/13, still no title. I called Oak Rock Financial and was told that there was still a balance of $3104 on my account and as the 2nd lein holder they would not release the title to my car. I spoke to Debbie, who was rude at first, who just kept telling me that I needed to call Dean and have him make the payment owed on the car. After explaining to Debbie I understood her frustration but I needed more information about what was taking place and why Affordable Cars was not sending out the payments. She simply informed me that they are in litigation with Affordable Cars and that there was nothing she could do to help me further.

After some research, I come to find that the owner Dean Antonis is located in California and has a business Earth, Wind and Solar. This is the company that began processing my car note in June. 35788 Highway 41 Coarsegold, CA 93614.

I have reported all companies to DMV and Texas Attorney General.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Cars-and-Trucks/Dallas-Texas-75248/Affordable-Cars-and-Trucks-Earth-Wind-and-Solar-Auto-Underwriters-of-America-Inc-Oak-1093410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Cars and Trucks

I am experiencing the same thing

AUTHOR: Jessica Bullard - ()

I have recieved a lien release and was told the same story contact me at missjesico2005@yahoo.com so I can maybe share some important information and vice versa to help get the situation resolved your story is identical to mine its really ashame that people are out there like this taking hard working people money and getting away with it

Finally spoke to someone

AUTHOR: Leslie B - ()

Today, 10/21/13 I was actually able to speak to someone. The story I was given is that Oak Rock Financial and Affordable Cars and Trucks computer stop communicating with each other which is why Oak Rock is showing that I'm deliquent. I don't belive it, and the lady even tried to clean up the story when I asked her why my ledger with Oak Rock showes last payment was a dealer check that was made 3/1/13. Apparently she can tell that I'm doing my homework, so now I'm being told that they will send me a lien release and sometimes the DMV will release the title from that letter. Well see...