Complaint Review: aflac

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: chuck c — bixby Oklahoma United States of America
aflac
1936 wynton rd. columbus Ga. columbus, Georgia United States of America

aflac was awarded 2 weeks of short term dibility at first. when ext documents were sent in for 5 more weeks by doctor, aflac denied coverage. the only difference was that the amount was to be larger columbus, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Aflac ripped me off too

*Consumer Comment: Not Enough Information Given

I filed a claim with AFLAC for an injury on 06/28/12 to 7/19/2012 and was awarded  2 weeks of short term disibility. On July 20th 2012, I had  my follow up appointment with my V.A. doctor and he placed me on an additional  no work status until seen by orthopeadic surgury on sept 17th of 2012. my extention was denied saying that it was not a covered injury even though AFLAC  awarded me on the injury in the first place. The documentation from my doctor was exactly the same except it was for an additional 6 weeks. The only reason that makes any sense is that they are trying to weasel out of paying what is due. This is not over!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/aflac/columbus-Georgia-31999/aflac-was-awarded-2-weeks-of-short-term-dibility-at-first-when-ext-documents-were-sent-i-935006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on aflac

Aflac ripped me off too

AUTHOR: SgtRippedOff325 - (United States of America)

I would agree with this complaint, I had an accident and broke my leg. I didn't think it was broke, so I waited till the next day. I was laid up for six weeks and Aflac denied my claim because I "wasn't transported to the hospital in an ambulance". I had paid them for years without a claim. They are a rip off, don't waste your money.

Not Enough Information Given

AUTHOR: NoSoap - (USA)

Hi: I tried reading your "report" but it seems as if most of it is missing.

I highly doubt Aflac denied your continuing disability payments because they "would have increased."  Do you know how well funded this company is?  They have $100 BILLION in assets.  Their stock is going thru the roof at the moment.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that your claim was denied for other reasons.  Why not call Aflac and find out?  Maybe the doctor didn't give them enough information; maybe it was a mistake...I know I've been a policyholder for over 10 years with Aflac and they have never, EVER denied a legitiamte claim.   I've found them to be trustworthy, straightforward, and honest.  That being said, it helps a WHOLE lot if you have a good agent who will acts as a go-between with you and the company.   Who sold you the original policy?  Call them up and ask for help.  If they don't return your call, or aren't available for any reason, find out where the State Sales Office is where you live and call THEM up.  I've done this before, and I received assistance within 48 hours.

Good luck...I have a feeling you're going to get answers that will surprise you.   This company is most certainly NOT a 'rip off.'  They wouldn't be in business this long, and wouldn't have millions and millions of policyholders if they were.

Peace,