Complaint Review: Aflac

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Dacula Georgia
Aflac
1932 Wynnton Rd Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Aflac Non Payment Columbus Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Glad to hear it.

*Author of original report: The insured

*UPDATE Employee: let me get this straight

I Was encouraged to sign up at work for disability. When I was dismissed due to errartic behavior. I was diagnoised with hydrocheplas which was causing pressure in my head. I had to have a sunt installed and a drain into my abdomin. The doctor said this condition was probably present for some time and led to my behavior. Aflac denied the claim and would not pay since I had been dismissed prior to being diagnosed. But they gladly took the premiums. They shoul be called the just say no company.

Perry
Dacula, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aflac/Columbus-Georgia-31999/Aflac-Non-Payment-Columbus-Georgia-354354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aflac

Glad to hear it.

AUTHOR: Dsc - (U.S.A.)

Glad to hear that all is resolved. You did not mention in your original post that you had been paying on a direct basis.

The insured

AUTHOR: Perry - (U.S.A.)

I was paying for the coverage on a monthly basis after I left. After filling several appeals I was contacted today and told AFLAC would pay.

let me get this straight

AUTHOR: Dsc - (U.S.A.)

Let me see if I understand this, you were employed by a company that provided Aflac and you enrolled.
You then were dismissed by the company which means that the company stopped deducting your premium and stopped paying your premium on the invoice.

So if that's the case then what did you do with the letter you received from Aflac asking you if you if you wanted to continue the coverage on aq direct billing basis?

If you threw it away or ignored it and Aflac was not being paid premium then your policy lapsed and was no longer valid
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC