stiff

• Updated: Mon, January 27, 2014

• Reported By: Lisa — Dania Florida
Afni, Inc
1310 Martin Luther King Drive Bloomington, Illinois USA

Afni, Inc Afni Collections Attempting to collect a debt from 2005 which I never had Bloomington Illinois

I received a letter on behalf of Afni, Inc on Jan 23, 2014 stating I owe $473.67 from a debt with AT&T Mobility. First of all, I am receiving this first very notice as of today & never had an account with AT&T Mobility. After speaking to a representative from Afni, Inc she stated the account was from Jan 2005, over 9 years ago. I find hard to believe after 9 years, I would receive my first notice on Jan 23, 2014 for an account that I never had in the first place. First of all I know the Statue of limitations on any phone account is only 2 years. After speaking with AT&T they also warned me that they have received past callers claiming the same type of situations & we all never had an account with them or if so, was already paid in  full & was in good standing.

After doing online reserch, I have come across hundreds of postings stating to be aware of Afni, Inc & that they are a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc-/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Afni-Inc-Afni-Collections-Attempting-to-collect-a-debt-from-2005-which-I-never-had-Bloom-1118849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc